S/Singh: Required working hours and income

Old Mar 29th 2016, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

rickster000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: S/Singh: Required working hours and income

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
rickster000 -

Following Singh there is no need for renunciation.
Yep thanks Rebecca, I am aware of that.

Just considering options.

Old Mar 29th 2016, 4:37 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rickster000

Yeah, it can be confusing.

Read around and make sure you make a decision based upon the current facts at hand. Things are very fluid right now regarding immigration to the UK.

If you're considering Singh, I'd stick to the info in the thread regarding Singh. DaveLovesDee and some of the other thread regulars are very up to speed about the current path. They have a good feel for the lay of the land regarding speculative changes. Also remember Google is your friend. There's loads of info out there.

As I mentioned to you early in your writings, I personally would not renounce right now. Too many political balls in the air. But that's me.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Rebecca.

Yes there is a lot take in. And just when you think you have your head round it all you read something else and more questions arise.

I can't argue with your view on renouncing. It's certainly a big decision.

In the short term I'm going to work on the premise of letting work lead the way, rather than destination. If EU, then SS may be an added bonus. If UK, I'll cross that bridge when it happens.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that you don't really know the EU options yet until after the June vote. Maybe longer if the UK votes to leave and the EU then comes back with a second deal, as they did with Denmark with The Lisbon Treaty and RoI with The Nice Treaty.

All we do know is what the UK has already been offered if they vote to stay in the EU in the June vote. Even then we don't know how that deal already offered will affect those already using the Metock ruling or the spin offs from that, as we haven't seen anything on that yet from Tusk and Cameron.

Last edited by formula; Mar 29th 2016 at 6:12 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by formula
The problem is that you don't really know the EU options yet until after the June vote. Maybe longer if the UK votes to leave and the EU then comes back with a second deal, as they did with Denmark with The Lisbon Treaty and RoI with The Nice Treaty.
Indeed.

A crystal ball would be good.
Old Mar 29th 2016, 6:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed.

A crystal ball would be good.
Would you look into that for the lottery numbers please I'll split it with you.

In the short term I'm going to work on the premise of letting work lead the way, rather than destination. If EU, then SS may be an added bonus. If UK, I'll cross that bridge when it happens.

Can you earn 18,600 in your present job? If yes, can you find a job paying at least that in the UK within 3 months?
Old Mar 29th 2016, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by formula
Can you earn 18,600 in your present job? If yes, can you find a job paying at least that in the UK within 3 months?
The unfortunate answer to that is that it's impossible to earn it in my job where I am now, very difficult (though not impossible) to earn it in Europe, though entirely possible to earn it in UK.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

The unfortunate answer to that is that it's impossible to earn it in my job where I am now, very difficult (though not impossible) to earn it in Europe, though entirely possible to earn it in UK.

Do you realise you don't have to make that income from just one job? At least, that is the case if you were in the UK and needed to show earnings of 6 months to sponsor your wife. Maybe worth looking to see if that is the case with the earnings in the previous 12 months route too, unless someone on here knows that?
Old Apr 1st 2016, 10:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The Surindher Singh route requires that you have moved your centre of life to the EU country and live and work there. How much you have to work and how long you have to live there is not defined - but as a rule of thumb most people suggest a decent amount of working hours and 6 months at least.
In terms of testing sufficiency for residency, do EU countries look at a couple's combined status? Or is the EU citizen treated as an individual who must have his own personal sufficiency.

eg. If the EU citizen hadn't found work (though was looking) yet the nonEU had full-time work to support the couple, would this be enough for residency to be granted to both?
Old Apr 1st 2016, 10:50 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

In terms of testing sufficiency for residency, do EU countries look at a couple's combined status? Or is the EU citizen treated as an individual who must have his own personal sufficiency.

eg. If the EU citizen hadn't found work (though was looking) yet the nonEU had full-time work to support the couple, would this be enough for residency to be granted to both?
No, it has to be the EU citizen. After all, when you as a European citizen live and work in another country in Europe, you are exercising a right (Freedom of Movement) that belongs to you because you are European. The non-EU doesn't have that right.
Old Apr 1st 2016, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
No, it has to be the EU citizen. After all, when you as a European citizen live and work in another country in Europe, you are exercising a right (Freedom of Movement) that belongs to you because you are European. The non-EU doesn't have that right.
Thanks Rebecca. I had a feeling that might be the case.

I best get looking for a babysitter then.