Rights of a child of a citizen by decent

Old May 10th 2015, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Bhcooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rights of a child of a citizen by decent

I am a UK citizen by decent (through my father) and am planning on bringing my family over to settle.

I would like for my son to move first (he is 24)- but we are wondering whether he has any residency/working rights in the UK given my passport. He holds an American passport currently.

Thank you for your advice!
Old May 10th 2015, 9:08 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rights of a child of a citizen by decent

Where you were born and what was your father's employment when you were born?
Old May 10th 2015, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot sponsor your son as he is over 18 and therefore deemed an adult, and further since you are British by descent he does not have automatic right to British citizenship and therefore has no rights for residency or work.

If he wishes to move to the UK he must obtain his own visa.

Take a look at the following link regarding British by descent and children of British by descent parents.

British Citizenship by Descent : British Expat Wiki
Old May 10th 2015, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Impreza is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the options he may have is an ancestry visa.