Returning the same time as applicant

Old Mar 7th 2018, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Biglittleben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning the same time as applicant

I'm fairly sure you have to return to the UK together at the same time once an entry visa has been granted, but is that totally necessary?

I am a little worried the visa maybe issued before my contract ends and i'll have to leave my job and give up 2 months salary plus my bonus.

so why don't I wait longer to apply? because between my contract ending and my visa ending is only a week. so I need to apply earlyish in case of hold ups etc.

would it be impossible to have the applicant leave on their own then followed a week or two later by the sponsor? i'm guessing not but just want to see if that has happened before.

Thanks Guys
Old Mar 7th 2018, 10:07 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning the same time as applicant

The applicant needs to accompany or join their sponsor. They cannot travel on ahead.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The applicant needs to accompany or join their sponsor. They cannot travel on ahead.
I thought so. never mind then haha

Thanks
Old Mar 7th 2018, 12:43 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biglittleben
I thought so. never mind then haha

Thanks
If the visa is granted too early for you, you can apply for an extension. There is a fee, but it is presumably much less than two months salary and your bonus.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If the visa is granted too early for you, you can apply for an extension. There is a fee, but it is presumably much less than two months salary and your bonus.
I will look into that in case it arrives early. that would be a much more preferable option for me instead of leaving early.

Thanks a lot
Old Mar 7th 2018, 2:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can specify an entry date of up to six months in advance and you have 30 days to enter so effectively you can give yourself seven months leeway.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

You can specify an entry date of up to six months in advance and you have 30 days to enter so effectively you can give yourself seven months leeway.
I thought this because they ask for your intended travel date, but usually they just start the 30 days from when they approve the visa, so I wasn't sure if the intended date to travel had any impact on the 30 day visa.

So for example I state on the application that I plan to return to the UK on July 30th - but I applied on April 1st - if they approve it on June 1st it will only be valid until July 1st? or would they issue it later until it fell within the time I had said I intend to travel?

Thanks
Old Mar 8th 2018, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Biglittleben
I thought this because they ask for your intended travel date, but usually they just start the 30 days from when they approve the visa, so I wasn't sure if the intended date to travel had any impact on the 30 day visa.
They shouldn't do, particularly if you intend to use Category D to meet the financial requirements.

So for example I state on the application that I plan to return to the UK on July 30th - but I applied on April 1st - if they approve it on June 1st it will only be valid until July 1st? or would they issue it later until it fell within the time I had said I intend to travel?

Thanks
If you put your intended travel date as 30 July then the vignette should be valid until 30 August.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

If you put your intended travel date as 30 July then the vignette should be valid until 30 August.
That's great news! I hope that will be the case to avoid any extra hassle.

Thank you