Requirements to sponsor US partner

Old Oct 26th 2015, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

c00per10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Requirements to sponsor US partner

Good evening all, newbie here

Just a quick question -

I understand I have to earn £18600 a year to be able to sponsor my partner. However does that amount have to be my basic salary? Or as I only just fall short of that amount am I able to work extra hours to make up to the correct amount?

I hope this isn't confusing

Thank you all in advanced

Will
Old Oct 26th 2015, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Requirements to sponsor US partner

Originally Posted by c00per10
Good evening all, newbie here

Just a quick question -

I understand I have to earn £18600 a year to be able to sponsor my partner. However does that amount have to be my basic salary? Or as I only just fall short of that amount am I able to work extra hours to make up to the correct amount?

I hope this isn't confusing

Thank you all in advanced

Will

You can do as many jobs as you want to make the 18.6 per year.

For cat A, you will need to do this for at least 6 months as you need 6 months worth of pay slips and corresponding bank statements, to show you make 18.6.

When you say partner, I assume you mean fiance or someone you are married to? If not, then for a partner visa you will have to show proof that you have lived together, akin to marriage, for at least two years.

Last edited by formula; Oct 26th 2015 at 8:09 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2015, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

c00per10 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are not married or engaged. We have lived together as much as we can within our limitations as I can only be in America for so many months and he can only be here for a certain amount of months at a time. Does this not count?
Old Oct 26th 2015, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by c00per10
We are not married or engaged. We have lived together as much as we can within our limitations as I can only be in America for so many months and he can only be here for a certain amount of months at a time. Does this not count?
No..... visiting one another and living together does not count.

In order to obtain an unmarried partner visa you need to have lived together, continuously for 2 years in a relationship akin to marriage - accommodation proof, joint utility bills, joint bank account, insurance etc.