British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Renewing British passport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/renewing-british-passport-827273/)

omar shahpo Mar 2nd 2014 3:48 pm

Renewing British passport

hello , i am currently renewing my british passport , but i have ran across what i think to be a problem
when the counter signatory was writing my name in section 10 , there was no space , so he wrote the last two letters of my surname outside of the boxes , he also wrote american above his passport number * he wrote it too in section 8 *
and on the back of the picture , he wrote only my first and last names * as in Omar Shahpo* , are any of these considered as problems that could get my passport application rejected ?
also do i really need to attach a photocopy of the page of his passport that includes his name ? i couldn't get this photocopy so i hope its okay , thanks in advance

omar shahpo Mar 3rd 2014 11:16 am

Re: Renewing British passport

come on guys , i am really scared , any ideas ?

christmasoompa Mar 3rd 2014 11:24 am

Originally Posted by omar shahpo (Post 11155955)

No idea, but you might want to re-read Site Rule 13 and be a bit more patient!

37100 Mar 3rd 2014 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by omar shahpo (Post 11154898)
hello , i am currently renewing my british passport , but i have ran across what i think to be a problem
when the counter signatory was writing my name in section 10 , there was no space , so he wrote the last two letters of my surname outside of the boxes , he also wrote american above his passport number * he wrote it too in section 8 *
and on the back of the picture , he wrote only my first and last names * as in Omar Shahpo* , are any of these considered as problems that could get my passport application rejected ?
also do i really need to attach a photocopy of the page of his passport that includes his name ? i couldn't get this photocopy so i hope its okay , thanks in advance

Did you need to get it signed? Don't the instruction for a renewal say it's only needed if your appearance has changed considerably? :confused:

omar shahpo Mar 3rd 2014 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by 37100 (Post 11156038)
Did you need to get it signed? Don't the instruction for a renewal say it's only needed if your appearance has changed considerably? :confused:

my appearance had changed considerably for i was a little kid when i had my passport

Pistolpete2 Mar 3rd 2014 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by omar shahpo (Post 11155955)

Countersignatory wrote outside the box on my son's recent application so I asked the countersignatory to sign again, inside the box, only by necessity now smaller. No problemo there!

I didn't (dare) use white-out to get rid of the first signature.

Biggest issue for me was the proper address of my son, since we don't use addresses here in St Lucia - :eek: and obviously he doesn't VOTE or DRIVE or receive tax demands and utility bills.

Had to get his school to write to him, stating where he was FROM. That worked!

If you do screw-up and they have problems in completing the process, they will email you and you can have colour documents scanned and expedite that way by emailing back pronto. Seemingly you don't go to the back of the queue as issuance for us was soon after our responses.

omar shahpo Mar 3rd 2014 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2 (Post 11156334)
Countersignatory wrote outside the box on my son's recent application so I asked the countersignatory to sign again, inside the box, only by necessity now smaller. No problemo there!

I didn't (dare) use white-out to get rid of the first signature.

Biggest issue for me was the proper address of my son, since we don't use addresses here in St Lucia - :eek: and obviously he doesn't VOTE or DRIVE or receive tax demands and utility bills.

Had to get his school to write to him, stating where he was FROM. That worked!

If you do screw-up and they have problems in completing the process, they will email you and you can have colour documents scanned and expedite that way by emailing back pronto. Seemingly you don't go to the back of the queue as issuance for us was soon after our responses.

if i do , do i have to email the whole application or just section 8 ?
i will prepare another application anyways , with another counter signatory just to make things clear
btw the signature is inside the white box , so i guess it will be okay

Pistolpete2 Mar 3rd 2014 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by omar shahpo (Post 11156820)
if i do , do i have to email the whole application or just section 8 ?
i will prepare another application anyways , with another counter signatory just to make things clear
btw the signature is inside the white box , so i guess it will be okay

If there's a problem, they'll spell out for you which bits need to be resubmitted, which are not likely to be the whole thing. They too would want to make things easier for themselves.