Renewing British passport

Old Mar 2nd 2014, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

omar shahpo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing British passport

hello , i am currently renewing my british passport , but i have ran across what i think to be a problem
when the counter signatory was writing my name in section 10 , there was no space , so he wrote the last two letters of my surname outside of the boxes , he also wrote american above his passport number * he wrote it too in section 8 *
and on the back of the picture , he wrote only my first and last names * as in Omar Shahpo* , are any of these considered as problems that could get my passport application rejected ?
also do i really need to attach a photocopy of the page of his passport that includes his name ? i couldn't get this photocopy so i hope its okay , thanks in advance
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Renewing British passport

come on guys , i am really scared , any ideas ?
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 11:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omar shahpo
No idea, but you might want to re-read Site Rule 13 and be a bit more patient!
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 12:24 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

hello , i am currently renewing my british passport , but i have ran across what i think to be a problem
when the counter signatory was writing my name in section 10 , there was no space , so he wrote the last two letters of my surname outside of the boxes , he also wrote american above his passport number * he wrote it too in section 8 *
and on the back of the picture , he wrote only my first and last names * as in Omar Shahpo* , are any of these considered as problems that could get my passport application rejected ?
also do i really need to attach a photocopy of the page of his passport that includes his name ? i couldn't get this photocopy so i hope its okay , thanks in advance
Did you need to get it signed? Don't the instruction for a renewal say it's only needed if your appearance has changed considerably?
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 3:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 37100
Did you need to get it signed? Don't the instruction for a renewal say it's only needed if your appearance has changed considerably?
my appearance had changed considerably for i was a little kid when i had my passport

Last edited by omar shahpo; Mar 3rd 2014 at 3:29 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

Countersignatory wrote outside the box on my son's recent application so I asked the countersignatory to sign again, inside the box, only by necessity now smaller. No problemo there!

I didn't (dare) use white-out to get rid of the first signature.

Biggest issue for me was the proper address of my son, since we don't use addresses here in St Lucia - and obviously he doesn't VOTE or DRIVE or receive tax demands and utility bills.

Had to get his school to write to him, stating where he was FROM. That worked!

If you do screw-up and they have problems in completing the process, they will email you and you can have colour documents scanned and expedite that way by emailing back pronto. Seemingly you don't go to the back of the queue as issuance for us was soon after our responses.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Mar 3rd 2014 at 4:01 pm. Reason: If you do screw-up and they have problems in completing the process
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
Countersignatory wrote outside the box on my son's recent application so I asked the countersignatory to sign again, inside the box, only by necessity now smaller. No problemo there!

I didn't (dare) use white-out to get rid of the first signature.

Biggest issue for me was the proper address of my son, since we don't use addresses here in St Lucia - and obviously he doesn't VOTE or DRIVE or receive tax demands and utility bills.

Had to get his school to write to him, stating where he was FROM. That worked!

If you do screw-up and they have problems in completing the process, they will email you and you can have colour documents scanned and expedite that way by emailing back pronto. Seemingly you don't go to the back of the queue as issuance for us was soon after our responses.
if i do , do i have to email the whole application or just section 8 ?
i will prepare another application anyways , with another counter signatory just to make things clear
btw the signature is inside the white box , so i guess it will be okay
Old Mar 3rd 2014, 8:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

if i do , do i have to email the whole application or just section 8 ?
i will prepare another application anyways , with another counter signatory just to make things clear
btw the signature is inside the white box , so i guess it will be okay
If there's a problem, they'll spell out for you which bits need to be resubmitted, which are not likely to be the whole thing. They too would want to make things easier for themselves.