Referee British citizenship

Old Dec 14th 2022, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

beautiful_mind is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Referee British citizenship

Hello,

We are applying to get children registered as British citizens and are stuck with getting references.

Have been to the school, no one willing to provide British passport numbers. Also been to the GP, no one would give out their personal details. No one is willing and Its quite understandable!

What can I do here? Please advise. My kids are under the age of 10!
Old Dec 15th 2022, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Referee British citizenship

Do they understand that they don't give you this information, and that they give the reference and their details directly on a secure government website? Maybe you need to explain the system to them, to reassure them.....
Old Dec 17th 2022, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

beautiful_mind is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Do they understand that they don't give you this information, and that they give the reference and their details directly on a secure government website? Maybe you need to explain the system to them, to reassure them.....
They actually do need to give this information directly to either myself or my solicitor. Unfortunately, with the MN1 form, they can't do it themselves
Old Dec 17th 2022, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beautiful_mind
They actually do need to give this information directly to either myself or my solicitor. Unfortunately, with the MN1 form, they can't do it themselves
OK, I understand.last year I acted as referee for a friend who was getting citizenship and nothing went direct to him, but it must be a different form....Best of luck....