Re: ILR on ground of Domestic Violence

Old Apr 26th 2019, 4:21 pm
Just Joined

Aladin888 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ILR on ground of Domestic Violence

Hello, I am intending to apply for domestic violence ILR, I have all the evidence (police reports and GP reports and some organizations) but because of the big stress i am in, I decided to go visit my brother in my home country for 3 weeks then when i come back i will apply for the 3 months consession and start that process which take too long.
my question is if i go to visit my brother in my home country, does that affect my application as distitute knowing that my brother paying my flight ticket..

thanks in advance
Old Apr 26th 2019, 6:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Not a risk I’d be willing to take frankly. Get your ILR and then go and see your brother safe in the knowledge your status in the UK is secure.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 7:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

In your earlier posts you say you received your visa in December 2018, and that in the 4 months you have been in the UK no-one has visited your wife.

Unless I am very much mistaken, you can't apply for ILR having been in the UK for only a few months.

Clarification needed ?
Old Apr 26th 2019, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
In your earlier posts you say you received your visa in December 2018, and that in the 4 months you have been in the UK no-one has visited your wife.

Unless I am very much mistaken, you can't apply for ILR having been in the UK for only a few months.

Clarification needed ?
calrification needed too is there any law said that you can't apply just if you're in the U.K. more than a certain period ?? And i want you to clarify this too, do you have to stay in an abusive relationship where your wife stops you from working because they will stop her benefits and she hold my passport and bank card. So you stay dependent on her... when you answer my questions I will answer yours

Last edited by Aladin888; Apr 26th 2019 at 7:09 pm.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I don't have any further questions for you.

You have had a great deal of assistance as to what you need to do in your situation - Citizens Advice Bureau, immigration lawyer, National Domestic Violence Hotline.

These are the organisations to help you.
Old Apr 26th 2019, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Personally I don't have any further questions for you.

You have had a great deal of assistance as to what you need to do in your situation - Citizens Advice Bureau, immigration lawyer, National Domestic Violence Hotline.

These are the organisations to help you.
thanks for that, i am in a big stress and in a volatile situation, with no money no job no life, for that i am trying to apply for ilr cos it is the only option that i have. Thanks anyway
Old Apr 27th 2019, 8:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aladin888
calrification needed too is there any law said that you can't apply just if you're in the U.K. more than a certain period ?? And i want you to clarify this too, do you have to stay in an abusive relationship where your wife stops you from working because they will stop her benefits and she hold my passport and bank card. So you stay dependent on her... when you answer my questions I will answer yours
There's no need for an attitude like that, SDG is simply trying to point out that you may not be eligible to apply for ILR until you've been in the UK further. Nobody is saying you have to stay in an abusive relationship, you can leave it and go home anytime but seems you want to stay in the UK. Hence, the question about ILR, which is perfectly relevant to your situation.

Please don't keep being nasty to those that are asking questions or trying to help you, it's not fair on our amazing forum members who give up their time and advice so freely to all.

What did Citizens Advice say when you contact them? Do they think you're eligible to apply for ILR even though you've only been in the UK for such a short period of time?
Old Apr 27th 2019, 11:26 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It’s worth reading the official guidance on the subject. It should answer the OP’s concerns including the issue of the length of his relationship.

- length of relationship before the application is made:

the fact that the relationship broke down due to domestic violence during the very early stages of the probationary period, may not be an adverse factor in reaching a decision to grant indefinite leave to remain (ILR) but in the context of the immigration history as a whole may give rise to suspicion
https://assets.publishing.service.go...olence-v14.pdf
Old Apr 27th 2019, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
There's no need for an attitude like that, SDG is simply trying to point out that you may not be eligible to apply for ILR until you've been in the UK further. Nobody is saying you have to stay in an abusive relationship, you can leave it and go home anytime but seems you want to stay in the UK. Hence, the question about ILR, which is perfectly relevant to your situation.

Please don't keep being nasty to those that are asking questions or trying to help you, it's not fair on our amazing forum members who give up their time and advice so freely to all.

What did Citizens Advice say when you contact them? Do they think you're eligible to apply for ILR even though you've only been in the UK for such a short period of time?
i am sorry for that ... the citizens advice didn't help they said I have to apply for the 3 months consession so I can have money to support myself cos now i am in the street with no food .. then they will sort out an accommodation for me cos when i went to the council they said you're not eligible to accommodation unless I apply for this 3 months thing.. then I can apply for ILR
Old Apr 27th 2019, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

i will explain everything happen with me,
after I came to the UK on spouse visa, my wife changed and start control the food and the money so I don't eat properly unless she decided to go for shopping and bring little bit of stuff as she doesn't eat because of her mental illness I don't know why bit she just drink juice or milk or little bit of vegetarian for as she's vegan.. So since I came her family didn't like me and start interfering till they ruin our relation, I decided to get out of her way and find a job as quickly as possible, I got 2 jobs and I passed the interview successfully, but she took my passport and BRP card and bank card to not proceed in those jobs, as she's worried about her benefits to be stopped. So it was very stressful for me to be hungry and cleaning washing taking care of animals and sleep with them .. one day we had a big argument about the food as she didn't buy and I am diabetic person, so I called the police they came, saw all what I said is true but they decided to speak to her and make me sleep in the setty down stairs, I tried to fix with her as much as I can but she came back to the same behaves, so I called the police after another big row, the police came and took me to a hotel an left me there, now i am homeless without money or food, I have a social worker following my case and she couldn't help with accommodation or food, so I had to go to the council they said I am not eligible and I gave them the incident number they called the police to see what happened so the police said nothing offensive despite they took my passport and all my papers and identities from her safe.
so now i am stuck and don't know if i have chance if i apply to the domestic violence route or not
I have (GP report, police reports which i don't know if it's considered a strong proof or not, and the social worker report)
the other question is because I am mentally and physically tired from this I wanted to spend 3 weeks in my country and my brother will pay me the flight so I don't know if this will be against me later if i apply.
thanks and I apologize cos I am in a big stress and tiredness
Old May 21st 2019, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

How was your application? I am also a victim of Domestic Violence and I have submitted my application for DV-ILR on 25/04/2019 and I am still waiting for the Home Office to decide. Please keep me posted about your application.
Thank you in advance.
i will explain everything happen with me,
after I came to the UK on spouse visa, my wife changed and start control the food and the money so I don't eat properly unless she decided to go for shopping and bring little bit of stuff as she doesn't eat because of her mental illness I don't know why bit she just drink juice or milk or little bit of vegetarian for as she's vegan.. So since I came her family didn't like me and start interfering till they ruin our relation, I decided to get out of her way and find a job as quickly as possible, I got 2 jobs and I passed the interview successfully, but she took my passport and BRP card and bank card to not proceed in those jobs, as she's worried about her benefits to be stopped. So it was very stressful for me to be hungry and cleaning washing taking care of animals and sleep with them .. one day we had a big argument about the food as she didn't buy and I am diabetic person, so I called the police they came, saw all what I said is true but they decided to speak to her and make me sleep in the setty down stairs, I tried to fix with her as much as I can but she came back to the same behaves, so I called the police after another big row, the police came and took me to a hotel an left me there, now i am homeless without money or food, I have a social worker following my case and she couldn't help with accommodation or food, so I had to go to the council they said I am not eligible and I gave them the incident number they called the police to see what happened so the police said nothing offensive despite they took my passport and all my papers and identities from her safe.
so now i am stuck and don't know if i have chance if i apply to the domestic violence route or not
I have (GP report, police reports which i don't know if it's considered a strong proof or not, and the social worker report)
the other question is because I am mentally and physically tired from this I wanted to spend 3 weeks in my country and my brother will pay me the flight so I don't know if this will be against me later if i apply.
thanks and I apologize cos I am in a big stress and tiredness
Old May 23rd 2019, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britishfilipino
Hi,

How was your application? I am also a victim of Domestic Violence and I have submitted my application for DV-ILR on 25/04/2019 and I am still waiting for the Home Office to decide. Please keep me posted about your application.
Thank you in advance.
hello, sorry for the late reply, I didn't apply yet cos I don't have enough evidence and when i called the police didn't take me to the refugee place he just put me in a hotel then told me to sort my self out after that, so I am stuck now homeless what did you do and what was your evidences pls
thank you and I wish you a good luck as I know it's very hard to be humiliated
Old May 23rd 2019, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you.

I have submitted police report, letter from the organisation who is helping me and the letter of the company where I work. Payslips bank statements and the letter of my GP. My statement as well. Do you want me to refer you to my solicitor? Bear in mind that you have to request for police report as soon as possible if you reported it to the Police as it will take time for them to release it. Hope it helps.

hello, sorry for the late reply, I didn't apply yet cos I don't have enough evidence and when i called the police didn't take me to the refugee place he just put me in a hotel then told me to sort my self out after that, so I am stuck now homeless what did you do and what was your evidences pls
thank you and I wish you a good luck as I know it's very hard to be humiliated
Old May 23rd 2019, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Thank you so much for sharing this with me, honestly I didn't know what to do after the police took me from the house and said that's not offensive, they didn't took me to any organization, so I want to know if you don't mind did they take you to the organization which offered you the accommodation and the help or you contacted them by yourself. I have GP record and police record which they said not offensive and I have some pictures and videos, would that be ok ... I am sorry for asking to much as I didn't find anywhere to ask ... another question pls did they take your wife to court or police station? .
Old May 23rd 2019, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Im not an expert wit this I am also a victim like you. I went to the hospital and I reported the incident and they referred me to the organisation.
you can phone abuse help line so they can help you. Thanks.
Thank you so much for sharing this with me, honestly I didn't know what to do after the police took me from the house and said that's not offensive, they didn't took me to any organization, so I want to know if you don't mind did they take you to the organization which offered you the accommodation and the help or you contacted them by yourself. I have GP record and police record which they said not offensive and I have some pictures and videos, would that be ok ... I am sorry for asking to much as I didn't find anywhere to ask ... another question pls did they take your wife to court or police station? .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.