Quicker with a baby?

Old Sep 27th 2011, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Kade9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quicker with a baby?

Hi all,

I've had some great help from members here in the past, so I'm wondering if anyone can help with a quick question.

My wife is a US citizen and I'm a British citizen. We're currently living in the UK, with my wife one year into a spouse visa. One month ago we had our first baby - a little girl. She's already been registered both in the UK and US, and we already have her UK and US passports.

Does the fact we now have a dual citizen baby together mean it will be quicker for me to get a visa, and ultimately dual citizenship for the US, and my wife ILR and ultimately dual citizenship for the UK?

Any insight greatly appreciated? Cheers.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 12:17 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quicker with a baby?

Nope having a child together does not hasten your visa application. It takes the same amount of time as for anyone else.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:04 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kade9
Does the fact we now have a dual citizen baby together mean it will be quicker for me to get a visa...
No.

... and ultimately dual citizenship for the US
No.

... and my wife ILR and ultimately dual citizenship for the UK?
No.

The only thing a baby does is increase your household size which must be reflected in the amount of income/assets required to meet the I-864 requirements for your immigrant visa.

Ian
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:05 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

If it did we'd be having another baby boom.

I don't know about British immigration law, but in the US we have separation of immigration and family planning.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Kade9
Does the fact we now have a dual citizen baby together mean it will be quicker for me to get a visa, and ultimately dual citizenship for the US, and my wife ILR and ultimately dual citizenship for the UK?
Old Sep 27th 2011, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

britishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to allbritishspouse is a name known to all

If you get lucky with an expedite it can make it slightly faster, but most of the time simply having a child or being pregnant won't speed things up, but if you write your expedite nicely enough you never know, seems alot of people lately are getting expedites approved with young children listed as teh reason.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 5:47 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
If it did we'd be having another baby boom.

I don't know about British immigration law, but in the US we have separation of immigration and family planning.

Regards, JEff
In British law it means convicted drug dealers and murderers can remain in the UK, even though they have no legal immigration status, because removing them when they have a child would "be in breach of their human rights".
Old Sep 27th 2011, 5:53 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljaw2002uk
In British law it means convicted drug dealers and murderers can remain in the UK, even though they have no legal immigration status, because removing them when they have a child would "be in breach of their human rights".
Before 1977, the parent of US citizen child could immigrate on the basis of that child. However, the 1976 legislation included a new requirement that the son or daughter had to be over 21 to confer that benefit. There was litigation to say that it violated the constitutional rights of the child. That argument was so firmly shot down in flames that it would constitute a frivolous argument if an attorney made such an argument these days.

However, many people are not aware of this change in the law and there is a widespread belief that an "anchor baby" allows parent to immigrate.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

Chris_tanj is an unknown quantity at this point

Interestingly, this argument works for any person whose child is born in any EU country. This was confirmed in the case of Zambrano in 2011 (http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/d...cp110016en.pdf). The ECJ also didn't even need to use human rights they just said that any measures to remove the parents were an infringement of the child's right as an EU citizen under the Citizens Right Directive.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 9:15 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

ljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond reputeljaw2002uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris_tanj
Interestingly, this argument works for any person whose child is born in any EU country. This was confirmed in the case of Zambrano in 2011 (http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/d...cp110016en.pdf). The ECJ also didn't even need to use human rights they just said that any measures to remove the parents were an infringement of the child's right as an EU citizen under the Citizens Right Directive.
Utter madness! What about the rights of the victims of those who break the law.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

What about the rights of the victims of those who break the law.
Victims? Who on earth are the victims?

Ian
Old Sep 27th 2011, 11:18 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Victims? Who on earth are the victims?

Ian
I was referring mostly to my post about criminals being allowed to remain in the UK. With murder you tend to have a victim, in fact I think it's a prerequisite.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 12:19 pm
Account Closed

I was referring mostly to my post about criminals being allowed to remain in the UK.
Ah! Perhaps that should have been the bit that you quoted... because it made no sense otherwise!

Ian
Old Sep 28th 2011, 12:59 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

Ah! Perhaps that should have been the bit that you quoted... because it made no sense otherwise!

Ian
My bad.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

My bad.
No worries. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Ian
Old Sep 28th 2011, 1:27 pm
Yes, I know i'm awesome.

No worries. I always enjoy reading your posts.

Ian
It's hard to decide if that is sarcasm, or a genuine appreciation of my literary gifts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.