Questions re UK Spouse Visa

Old Apr 13th 2020, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Viking2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions re UK Spouse Visa

Hi all - new member here. Thanks in advance for help!

I am UK Citizen living in USA. My wife is US Citizen and we are looking at moving to UK after the COVID situation clears up (I am not making my application now and just doing research/ prep work - I understand VFS centers are closed etc).

We have been married for 7 years.

A few questions:
1) We intend to apply via savings route. I have the amount in a CASH ISA in UK. Is this account ok? It is instantly accessible.
2) Do I also need to put details of job offer too in the application or not if I have the required savings amount?
3) We have 2 children, both with UK passports - do I add these as dependents on the application form? Or do I not mention them anywhere?
4) When applying should I use my email or my wife's (applicant) or does this not matter? My concern is who they would contact in the event they needed to?

Again, I have no intention of submitting anything for at least 6 months or until we all have a clearer idea of the global situation.

Regards,
Viking2013

Old Apr 13th 2020, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions re UK Spouse Visa

1. Yes
2. No
3. You input their details when asked if you have dependents. They are not applicants if they have British passports
4.Use the applicants details and e-mail
Old Apr 13th 2020, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you!

Old Apr 14th 2020, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

A few other questions if anyone can help:
  • Is there an existing list of steps for a Spouse Visa (applying from UK via Saving route)?
  • What is the difference between a Spouse Visa and a Settlement Visa (if any)? I have seen the terminology and wanted to confirm.
  • I will be applying from USA - is the priority service recommended? What about the upload of scanned documents?
  • Is there an option for me to apply for my wife from UK (if I take a short trip back) that is easier/ quicker?
Thanks all
Old Apr 14th 2020, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

1. You apply online and follow instructions:

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa

The following document gives you all t he info as to what documents to present when applying under the financial requirements. Read the section on using savings only.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment-ext_1.pdf

2. The spouse (or family) visa is the initial visa issued to enter the country for 2.5 years. Following this you apply for another 2.5 year visa - Further Leave to Remain - and then (after the 5 years) you apply for permanent residency (settlement) otherwise known as Indefinite leave to Remain

3. If you can afford to use the priority service then it is worth it if you really want a quick process.

4. No.... you wife needs to apply from the US.
Old Apr 14th 2020, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks!