Questions re Spouse UK visa

Old Oct 30th 2014, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Bellyson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Questions re Spouse UK visa

Hello
I recently posted on here about getting UK visa for myself (Aussie citizen married to British citizen both living in Australia at the moment but moving to UK for a few years). I am currently in the process of applying for UK visa on a Settlement visa - Wife.
I am a bit confused about some of the questions. Can anyone help?
They are asking for Sponsor details - I assume this is my husband? However, husband/spouse is not an option to choose on the form?!
Also they ask about parents but do not specify mine or my husband's.
Thanks for any guidance ☺
Old Oct 30th 2014, 3:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Questions re Spouse UK visa

Originally Posted by Bellyson
Hello
I recently posted on here about getting UK visa for myself (Aussie citizen married to British citizen both living in Australia at the moment but moving to UK for a few years). I am currently in the process of applying for UK visa on a Settlement visa - Wife.
I am a bit confused about some of the questions. Can anyone help?
They are asking for Sponsor details - I assume this is my husband? However, husband/spouse is not an option to choose on the form?!
Also they ask about parents but do not specify mine or my husband's.
Thanks for any guidance ☺
Hi Bellyson - are you sure you have the right form? I think this is the one https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...4029/VAF4A.pdf and there are boxes to fill in explaining what the relationship is between you and your sponsor.

This form also asks for information about your (the applicant's) parents, it doesn't seem as though any info about your husband's parents is required.

Hopefully someone else will come along and confirm that my link, from the UK government website, is the correct one. Happy form filling, best of luck with your application!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

This is one of the confusing glitches in the form. You do have the correct one, and your spouse is the sponsor. As I recall, in a subsequent "box" which asks for "relationship" to the sponsor you write "spouse".

The info re: parents refers to your parents.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 5:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vadio
This is one of the confusing glitches in the form. You do have the correct one, and your spouse is the sponsor. As I recall, in a subsequent "box" which asks for "relationship" to the sponsor you write "spouse".

The info re: parents refers to your parents.
Thanks for clarifying that Vadio - I always put a disclaimer on my posts if I'm not positive of the answer, glad I did so in this case!

If you get a second, would you mind having a quick look at the link I posted? Although Scouse and I aren't ready to apply yet, we've done a 'dummy run' on this form and it's obviously the wrong one
Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

The link is correct; the on-line form that's filled in first is the one with the slight glitch I believe. Then when you download and fill in the VAF4A, you get more "choices" and it's less confusing.

I applied in 2011, so it was a slightly different form.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:15 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Vadio
The link is correct; the on-line form that's filled in first is the one with the slight glitch I believe. Then when you download and fill in the VAF4A, you get more "choices" and it's less confusing.

I applied in 2011, so it was a slightly different form.
Ah, I see. Thanks Vadio!
Old Oct 30th 2014, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

ksand24 over on UK-Yankee (who knows far more than almost anyone, including the so-called expert immigration lawyers) recommends filling out a paper VAF4A before doing the on-line application. Some other questions are phrased slightly differently, but if you have the VAF4A completed then apparently the on-line form is a breeze.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

sarahtw is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I'm doing the same thing for my husband who's a kiwi so he can come to the UK with me as I'm a British Citizen. Your husband is the sponsor and it is details of your parents that they are after. Hope that helps. Sarah
Old Oct 30th 2014, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Please can someone advise me of which Appendix to complete with the Settlement Visa Form - I'm a UK Citizen applying for my husband who's a kiwi to enter the UK. We both live in NZ at the moment. Many thanks, Sarah
Old Oct 30th 2014, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

it's Appendix 2

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ent-form-vaf4a
Old Oct 30th 2014, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

That's great thanks very much. I wonder if you could help me please with another couple of questions.

Our son is 21 and financially dependent on us. He'll be travelling with us to the UK. I'm not sure it we need to declare him as a child? Also, do you know if you need to include visas/right to enter permits for holidays in the UK that lasted under 6 months?

Thanks again,
Sarah
Old Oct 30th 2014, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahtw
That's great thanks very much. I wonder if you could help me please with another couple of questions.

Our son is 21 and financially dependent on us. He'll be travelling with us to the UK. I'm not sure it we need to declare him as a child? Also, do you know if you need to include visas/right to enter permits for holidays in the UK that lasted under 6 months?

Thanks again,
Sarah
As he is over 18 he is considered an adult. What passport does he hold?- if British then he can enter the UK at will.

If a passport holder of a country for which no visa is required then he can enter the UK for 6 months max.

Any other country he will need a visa.
Old Oct 30th 2014, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

Bellyson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much everyone! So glad I have the right form. The questions on the link looked pretty much the same just some slight variations. Great idea to fill out the hard copy form first as I found it a bit tricky doing it online. Many thanks again � ����
Old Nov 1st 2014, 6:46 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
As he is over 18 he is considered an adult. What passport does he hold?- if British then he can enter the UK at will.

If a passport holder of a country for which no visa is required then he can enter the UK for 6 months max.

Any other country he will need a visa.

Thanks very much. I'm working my way through Appendix A, which is quite a challenge. Again they ask if the sponsor has any children and whether the sponsor is responsible for supporting anyone financially and I'm not sure whether to declare our 21 year old who lives at home but has an allowance from University although we help him out with fees, etc? I'd really appreciate your help.

Sarah