Question about Financial Evidence

Old Feb 1st 2019, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ben32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about Financial Evidence

Hi,

After reading a few posts, it has me a little worried. We have recently applied for my wife to join me here in the UK. I scanned all of my documents online, as it said to do, as she is applying from the US. No originals from me.

I have recently changed employers so applied via category B. I only attached 5 months pay slips as this is all I had. I included a sixth pay slip for my former employer but it covers the same month (August) as the first pay slip from my new employer. I did not have access to old pay slips from my former employer. I did however include my P60 and P45, as well as 6 months worth of bank statements. My new salary is £60k, my pay slips will show this and there are 5 months of them. My old salary was £51k and this is shown in the single month pay slip as well as my P60.

can somebody please confirm this will be ok?

Thank you.
Old Feb 3rd 2019, 11:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about Financial Evidence

Which website did you use to apply? Can you provide a link?

Category B requires 12 months of payslips. Did you include 12 months of bank statements and a letter from your current and/or previous employer?
Old Feb 4th 2019, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis

Category B requires 12 months of payslips. Did you include 12 months of bank statements and a letter from your current and/or previous employer?
oh no! Can I upload extra months now, or will they use a bit of common sense - given they have my P45 and P60. I can’t access pay slips from my previous employer. I also didn’t include a letter from my employer. But did send my 5 months of payslips and contract of employment.

We applied via visa4uk.fco.gov.uk and uploaded everything via the vfsglobal site (and posted the application etc to the New York scanning hub).

Beginning to worry now.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

I never read anything about needing 12 months of statements or pay slips.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

It mentions that you need to have earnt over £16k in the prior 12 months, which I would have done in those 5 months?
Old Feb 4th 2019, 11:27 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben32
I never read anything about needing 12 months of statements or pay slips.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ment_Final.pdf

It mentions that you need to have earnt over £16k in the prior 12 months, which I would have done in those 5 months?
See Section 5.6.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

See Section 5.6.
I can get 12 months bank statements and a letter from my employer. I’ve tried uploading these but it keeps saying error and to try again later. We only applied last week so I’m hoping there’s still time to add these. Somehow.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

I don't know what different system they have for US applicants, but for me I sent all the documents to Sheffield together on the same day I attended biometric appointment. Have you been to that yet? From what I read on the forum, you risk a very high chance of refusal if you don't submit all 12 payslips and bank statements.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bingbing25
I don't know what different system they have for US applicants, but for me I sent all the documents to Sheffield together on the same day I attended biometric appointment. Have you been to that yet? From what I read on the forum, you risk a very high chance of refusal if you don't submit all 12 payslips and bank statements.
yeah she has been to her biometrics. The advice was then to send her passport and application to New York, and scan the rest of the he documents online.

I have just called the helpline and they advised it is not possible to add documents at this stage - which I can’t quite believe? We only sent it to New York last Tuesday. They did say the case handler would get in touch though if they needed more documents. Hoping that is the case and it isn’t just a flat out rejection.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 1:03 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ben32

yeah she has been to her biometrics. The advice was then to send her passport and application to New York, and scan the rest of the he documents online.

I have just called the helpline and they advised it is not possible to add documents at this stage - which I can’t quite believe? We only sent it to New York last Tuesday. They did say the case handler would get in touch though if they needed more documents. Hoping that is the case and it isn’t just a flat out rejection.
A little hope
There have been so many missed docs being scanned from the USA to Sheffield . I have seen many posts on other forums where the ECO are now asking applicants to re scan certain documents that they don’t have, up and including all bank statements , employer letter etc. The applicant then scans to an email address sent by the ECO.
Old Feb 4th 2019, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

A little hope
There have been so many missed docs being scanned from the USA to Sheffield . I have seen many posts on other forums where the ECO are now asking applicants to re scan certain documents that they don’t have, up and including all bank statements , employer letter etc. The applicant then scans to an email address sent by the ECO.
Thanks Sammy, fingers crossed!
Old Feb 8th 2019, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Sharmi123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to say my situation here.. I applied under category b. Submitted only 6 months payslips, bank statement (the total gross income from this six months was over 18,600) and a letter from the employer. I think it is not compulsary to submit 12 months payslip, if u can prove u earn more than the required income in six minths period. But, a minimum of six months payslip is a must. I was granted visa.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sharmi123
I would like to say my situation here.. I applied under category b. Submitted only 6 months payslips, bank statement (the total gross income from this six months was over 18,600) and a letter from the employer. I think it is not compulsary to submit 12 months payslip, if u can prove u earn more than the required income in six minths period. But, a minimum of six months payslip is a must. I was granted visa.
Thank you Sharmi. I sent 12 months of bank statements (each showing salary deposits from my old job) and a letter from my new employer to Sheffield just in case. I don’t know if they will accept it, but thought it couldn’t hurt.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Bingbing25 will become famous soon enoughBingbing25 will become famous soon enough

I hope it goes well for you. I saw on the timeline that someone got an email request to submit payslips & bank statements after they sent in their docs. But some get rejected because of one missing payslip. I don't know why they apply different rules for different people, but some people just seem to be lucky.
Old Feb 8th 2019, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bingbing25
I hope it goes well for you. I saw on the timeline that someone got an email request to submit payslips & bank statements after they sent in their docs. But some get rejected because of one missing payslip. I don't know why they apply different rules for different people, but some people just seem to be lucky.
Thank you for your kind words. I noticed that too, there doesn’t seem to be much rhythm to it but I’m sure they have their reasons..!