Question about documents for Indefinite Leave to Remai

Old Apr 23rd 2021, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question about documents for Indefinite Leave to Remai

I'd welcome any feedback on the following matter please - I am going to be uploading the supporting documents for my wife's ILR application and I'd like to be sure that I haven't made any mistakes (I am, as usual, feeling panic setting in!). I know that this partly overlaps with an earlier question I asked about bank statements, but I prefer to put everything in one summary. Here we go:

My wife's five year anniversary in the UK: 3 April 2021
Expiry of her BRP: 16 May 2021
ILR application made: 19 April 2021
Biometrics appointment: 15 May 2021

Documents required as set out in her uploaded application (cash savings route), to be uploaded in advance or taken to the appointment next month:
(a) Her passport (current and previous), her BRP and my passport: no problem
(b) Declaration by partner (me): signed and dated 19 April 2021
(c) Permission from property owner (me) that she can stay: signed and dated 19 April 2021
(d) Proof of property ownership: my mortgage statement dated 9 October 2020 and letters about interest rate dated 1 December 2020
(e) Correspondence addressed to us: 6 letters each and one joint, over period 31 October 2018 to 12 April 2021, from 10 different entities
(f) Bank statements showing at least minimum level of savings for previous 6 months:
* statements from 26 Sep - 25 Nov, 26 Nov - 25 Jan, 26 Jan - 25 Feb, 26 Feb to 17 April
* balance was above the minimum (amount mentioned in the application) throughout the period 5 Oct 2020 to 17 April 2021
* the actual minimum balance over the period 5 Oct to 17 April was on 25 November
(g) Declaration by my wife of the source of the savings: signed and dated 19 April 2021

Just for my peace of mind, I would like to know if there is anything I should change or indeed anything to include above and beyond what has been requested.

Thanks very much !

Last edited by DernierVirage; Apr 23rd 2021 at 11:22 am.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about documents for Indefinite Leave to Remai

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
I'd welcome any feedback on the following matter please - I am going to be uploading the supporting documents for my wife's ILR application and I'd like to be sure that I haven't made any mistakes (I am, as usual, feeling panic setting in!). I know that this partly overlaps with an earlier question I asked about bank statements, but I prefer to put everything in one summary. Here we go:

My wife's five year anniversary in the UK: 3 April 2021
Expiry of her BRP: 16 May 2021
ILR application made: 19 April 2021
Biometrics appointment: 15 May 2021

Documents required as set out in her uploaded application (cash savings route), to be uploaded in advance or taken to the appointment next month:
(a) Her passport (current and previous), her BRP and my passport: no problem
(b) Declaration by partner (me): signed and dated 19 April 2021
(c) Permission from property owner (me) that she can stay: signed and dated 19 April 2021
(d) Proof of property ownership: my mortgage statement dated 9 October 2020 and letters about interest rate dated 1 December 2020
(e) Correspondence addressed to us: 6 letters each and one joint, over period 31 October 2018 to 12 April 2021, from 10 different entities
(f) Bank statements showing at least minimum level of savings for previous 6 months:
* statements from 26 Sep - 25 Nov, 26 Nov - 25 Jan, 26 Jan - 25 Feb, 26 Feb to 17 April
* balance was above the minimum (amount mentioned in the application) throughout the period 5 Oct 2020 to 17 April 2021
* the actual minimum balance over the period 5 Oct to 17 April was on 25 November
(g) Declaration by my wife of the source of the savings: signed and dated 19 April 2021

Just for my peace of mind, I would like to know if there is anything I should change or indeed anything to include above and beyond what has been requested.

Thanks very much !

Looks fine ....
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 4:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I take it she has proof of English language and her Life in the UK Test pass?
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I take it she has proof of English language and her Life in the UK Test pass?
Thanks for the question - she does, but in neither case is a certificate required, we just had to add her pass reference numbers into the online application.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 4:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Looks fine ....
Thanks a lot....having been through initial leave and FLR I shouldn't be stressing, but I am...!!
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 5:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the question - she does, but in neither case is a certificate required, we just had to add her pass reference numbers into the online application.
I assumed you had but it’s always worth checking Everything else looks fine.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much.....for some reason the document dates have stressed me out, I think because this time it is different from initial leave and FLR, where the documents were submitted with the application.
Old Apr 23rd 2021, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

May I ask you one thing? You see in my first post that the minimum level of savins arises during the 6 month period, not at the start, but of course the balance is always above the minimum. Do we need to do a short covering note to explain this, or no need....?

Oh, just to mention that we are using her B1 English result from Trinity College from her FLR application, that still is valid, it was good getting it at the time, one less thing to have to do !!
Old Apr 25th 2021, 11:37 am

May I ask you one thing? You see in my first post that the minimum level of savins arises during the 6 month period, not at the start, but of course the balance is always above the minimum. Do we need to do a short covering note to explain this, or no need....?

Oh, just to mention that we are using her B1 English result from Trinity College from her FLR application, that still is valid, it was good getting it at the time, one less thing to have to do !!
If if always above the minimum then there’s no need.
Old Apr 26th 2021, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

If if always above the minimum then there’s no need.
Thanks so much....