Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Please help...How does a ILR Visa take for my partner and a UK passport for my son??

Please help...How does a ILR Visa take for my partner and a UK passport for my son??

Old Aug 29th 2008, 1:21 am
Just Joined

PenzanceWVR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help...How does a ILR Visa take for my partner and a UK passport for my son??

Please help us....... we are waiting for my partners ILR Visa to the UK and were told that it'll take tops 12 weeks but in some cases much lesser. Its been 6 weeks now and also a week since we appplied our son's UK passport.

I am a BRITISH CITIZEN and have been here on a 457 VISA while my MRS is an AUSSIE Citizen.... We are going to get married in 2 months time in ENGLAND and cannot wait to get home to my family as we are desperately in need of love and care as we don't have anyone very close in Australia and find it very difficult to manage with our baby.

Initially my MRS went back to work after a few months of maternity leave and we had to leave our little one in a Day Care but it wasn't doing either of us any good as our poor baby had to be woken up in pre dawn hours and also fell ill as there were other kids in the Day care who brought germs etc.... This only made us more miserable and depressed as we had no one to turn to and had to juggle, home, work, the doctor for our baby and was just terrible....

To cut a long story short.... we are so much longing to go back to the UK where we have family and friends who waiting for us eagerly and wish we were in the next flight home...

We are so very worried that that our wedding is in 2 months time and don't know if my MRS VISA will be here in time and our baby's UK Passport (were told it'll take 25 working days).

All the wedding preparations is being arranged by my family and they are just as worried. We are very depressed and lonely here and don't really have any true friends...... and most of the time we've been used and taken for granted.

My MRS has stopped working now to take care of our baby.... but poor soul has been cooped up at home most of the time and only some weekends do we go out.... as I have to work extra hours now as we are now a single income family. My Mrs gets depressed easily and waits for the weekends when we get calls from our family in the UK. Its very upsetting to see my MRS trying her best to cope with our baby when I'm off to work and our little one growing away with no family here. We wish for a miracle and I know that only happens in movies....

I know we can call the British Consulate to check, but we actually have gone thru a MIGRATION Agent for my MRS VISA and were told by the agent to just wait.......

Has anyone applied for a ILR VISA for their Partner?? And a UK Passport for the kids?? How long was the duration??
Is it a good idea to call them personally and check or wait??

We appreciate very much if someone out there can help us with the above.....

We just want to go home and be with our loved ones..... GOD BLESS

PenzanceWVR
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:09 am
Forum Regular

ruthmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Please help...How does a ILR Visa take for my partner and a UK passport for my so

Originally Posted by PenzanceWVR
Has anyone applied for a ILR VISA for their Partner?? And a UK Passport for the kids?? How long was the duration??
Is it a good idea to call them personally and check or wait??

We appreciate very much if someone out there can help us with the above.....

We just want to go home and be with our loved ones..... GOD BLESS

PenzanceWVR
I feel for you Penzance. Sorry to say, it looks like it's taking the full 12 weeks or more from Aus at the moment. There's an ongoing discussion about this here:
http://www.ukresident.com/forums/ind...howtopic=65799

ruthmac
Old Aug 29th 2008, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Please help...How does a ILR Visa take for my partner and a UK passport for my so

Thank you for the info..........I'll try to get on that website soon to see how its going...... but would still appreciate if others who have or know of anyone with a similar problem to drop a line here.....

thank you
Old Aug 30th 2008, 11:27 pm
Forum Regular

beatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to all

I am English and my husband is Aussie, I have a 9 month old. It is quite hard at times and we all like to have a good whinge about it, even if you have friends and family around it is still hard with a baby I think.

I think your situation will work it self out quickly, it just seems impossible at the mo. We applied for a marriage visa to the UK and similarly we wondered when it would turn up. It did in the end.
There are lots of groups your wife could go to, staying at home with a baby can always lead to feeling isolated and depressed. Try Playgroup there should be a new mums group run by your states Child and Youth Health, etc. Kindergyms, swimming etc, just go, it makes you feel better. Most of these things can cost very little, even your local library will do a babytime session.

There are some genuine people out there, just with a baby you do need support. Does your wife not have family?
Normally having kids is a good way to meet people, I have met more people since having my baby than the 6 years previously. Some of the mums at my mum's group have no family and they are Aussies.
Though I understand missing family as I have never seen my sister's baby or vice versa.
Hang in there.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your encouragement.....

We are trying to remain positive although we've had a rough time since we came to Australia.... my MRS has no immediate family here and the only one she has lives far away and has not been close with us at all.

I must say she is reserved and is very afraid of making new friends unless I introduce them to her or are my family members from UK. This is because in the past she had always been made use off and had bad experience with friends whom she trusted very much but only to be hurt eventually....

She finds it very difficult to open out nowadys to anyone, afraid of being used again and also doesn''t want to hear any negative remarks.....or be bullied.... She is a very soft hearted woman and so is easily hurt

Also My MRS had a nigtmare labor when she had our son.... it was a touch and go for her and all I can say is that GOD was there all the way to see my MRS and son to be safe and sound eventually.......... I was in a dilemma as she had fits...epilepsy etc.... which she never had before and was unconsious as well for a long period of time and was in actual labour for more than 20 hours....

Also our baby was born 8 weeks premature and spent quite alot of time in the hospital and we had to travel up down to the hospital and my MRS was not in a good conditon for awhile...... ALL this and more has happened to us since we've been here and have had no help from anyone (friends & family as we have none who are here and friends are not genuine at all). Very few or none of our friends had actually gave us a helping hand or even offered to and my poor MRS mamnaged with our baby all by herself. Only help she had was from me and a baby book we had bought to know about what to do with a newborn.... apart from that ALL the STAFF @ KING EDWARDS hospital especially the MIDWIFES were a god sent as they were the only ones who were there for us like ANGELS to help us initially.........

I can't say more..... and if pen down all that has happened to us here, it would sound like I'm being an absolute whinge ...... but honestly its been really had for us here..............and I try not to bore anyone here reading this

Please don't get us both wrong........... Australia is a nice place but it just hasn't turned out great for us though.......... However so, I do thank Australia for having met my lovely Partner/MRS and giving us our priceless little Pumpkin (Baby boy) who means everything to us........

Now we are only waiting for the VISA for my MRS and our son's UK Passport so that we can leave some of the bitterness we've had here and start our lives afresh in the UK.... It's not easy we know but definately worth going back home..... where we know people and places and where I believe our lives will be better, especially for our little one, as he will have alot of cousins etc to grow up with........ unlike here..... no one.....

Guess we'll just have to hang on in there till we get the green light to go..... and hope it'll be real soon..........

Penzance WVR still waiting in hope...................
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

beatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to allbeatle is a name known to all

A difficult labour and birth is a trauma in itself. Many people suffer post traumatic stress afterwards. Be nice to yourselves. And honestly mum's groups are full of people in similar positions. I don't know how old your baby is but the first 3months are hard.

Look to the future. It gets easier.