Personal case

Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Olya13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Personal case

Hello British Expats and all in this group!

I am new here and wanted to ask for advice. I am living in UK on my spouse visa. My husband is a British citizen. At the moment I am completely dependent on him financially (though I applied for a job to many places). In 2018 I will have to apply for my second visa (ILR,indefinite leave to remain). However,recently I found out about my husbands adultery. If anyone here knows will I lose my permission to stay in UK and wait for my second visa in case if I apply for divorce based on his adultery? I do not want to leave this country,but staying with a person who put on the same scale all my love and care I had for him makes it almost impossible.

Good luck to everyone and thank you!
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Personal case

Sorry to hear of your circumstances. If you divorce before you obtain ILR then you will need to apply for another visa or leave the UK. The only exception would be if you have been a victim of domestic violence.

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, but in my case it seems to be complicated since I am financially dependent on my husband at the moment. Though I am searching for a job.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Sorry to hear of your circumstances. If you divorce before you obtain ILR then you will need to apply for another visa or leave the UK. The only exception would be if you have been a victim of domestic violence.

https://www.gov.uk/visas-when-you-separate-or-divorce
Thank you, but in my case it seems to be complicated since I am financially dependent on my husband at the moment. Though I am searching for a job.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Which passport do you hold and how long have you been living in the UK? Do you have any children?
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Which passport do you hold and how long have you been living in the UK? Do you have any children?
I am non EU passport holder, what makes it more difficult. Have been here since the end of 2015, but was granted first spouse visa last year in May,so have 1,5 year more to wait before I apply for a second visa (ILR). No kids.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I am sorry you are experiencing this problem and understand how difficult it must be for you to live here under these circumstances. You should keep in mind though that if you came to the UK at the end of 2015, you will not be granted ILR until the end of 2020. If you can find a job, it would at least give you more independence but will not solve the problem of remaining in the U.K.if your divorce your husband. Would counselling be a possibility?
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by Olya13
I am non EU passport holder, what makes it more difficult. Have been here since the end of 2015, but was granted first spouse visa last year in May,so have 1,5 year more to wait before I apply for a second visa (ILR). No kids.
Your second visa will be FLR. You'll have to wait until May 2021 until you can apply for ILR.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Your second visa will be FLR. You'll have to wait until May 2021 until you can apply for ILR.
Unbelievable,I skipped this 5 years of FLR!!!Have been looking for free online consultation but even those who are said to be free show fee in the end.No chance
Thank you for being so supportive here.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 11:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

The following might help:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/im...ter-a-divorce/

So you only obtained your spouse visa in May 2016?
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The following might help:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/im...ter-a-divorce/

So you only obtained your spouse visa in May 2016?
Yes,since we got married in April and my fiance visa was finishing in the end of April
Old Feb 24th 2017, 5:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Olya13
Yes,since we got married in April and my fiance visa was finishing in the end of April
Definitely follow up that link and speak to Citizens Advise, they do have legal people on hand who can give free advice.
Old Feb 24th 2017, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Definitely follow up that link and speak to Citizens Advise, they do have legal people on hand who can give free advice.
I visited citizen advice yesterday.They do not deal with immigration issues.It seems that in my case if I apply for divorce there is no chance to remain in the country.No job,no kids and completelly dependent on husband.Unless he agrees for informal separation and let me live in his house before I can move on on my own...