Payslip and bank statements query

Old Oct 4th 2019, 5:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Payslip and bank statements query

Originally Posted by johannalouise
I don't know the law on this - christmasoompa is suggesting it's illegal to be paid before the date on your payslip?
But in my experience this is very common - so I am surprised to hear it is illegal - I know of at least 4+ companies who pay before the date of the payslip date all the time!
Here you go - Employment Rights Act 1996

"A worker has the right to be given by his employer, at or before the time at which any payment of wages or salary is made to him, a written itemised pay statement".
Old Oct 4th 2019, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

"A worker has the right to be given by his employer, at or before the time at which any payment of wages or salary is made to him, a written itemised pay statement".
Don't think this 'right' is being abused if the person gets a payslip a few days or so after the payment of wages..... the important aspects here are actually being paid and being given a payslip all within a few short days of one another.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 9:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Don't think this 'right' is being abused if the person gets a payslip a few days or so after the payment of wages..... the important aspects here are actually being paid and being given a payslip all within a few short days of one another.
Not sure any company could have an excuse tbh, it's easy enough to produce a payslip the same day the calculations are done for the BACS run etc. If somebody has bills to pay then they need to know advance of their payday how much they'll be getting. That's the reason employees can take their employer to a tribunal over something as simple as payslip dates.

This is all getting a bit off topic though, I was just trying to point out to the OP that if he needs payslips with corresponding dates to his payday, then he has a legal right to that, and that may be grounds for the company to reissue them with a matching date if it helps his application.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 4th 2019 at 9:15 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2019, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

sam12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure any company could have an excuse tbh, it's easy enough to produce a payslip the same day the calculations are done for the BACS run etc. If somebody has bills to pay then they need to know advance of their payday how much they'll be getting. That's the reason employees can take their employer to a tribunal over something as simple as payslip dates.

This is all getting a bit off topic though, I was just trying to point out to the OP that if he needs payslips with corresponding dates to his payday, then he has a legal right to that, and that may be grounds for the company to reissue them with a matching date if it helps his application.
could this be a reason for a rejection?
Old Oct 6th 2019, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

JJ85 is an unknown quantity at this point

2 out the 6 payslips are paid on a Friday because its the weekend, I didn't explain this because UKVI should no its very common. honestly I wouldn't worry too much, also I am sure they will email if they need an explanation.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

JJ85 is an unknown quantity at this point

that would be over the top. its common practice to have pay like this.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

sam12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JJ85
that would be over the top. its common practice to have pay like this.
i guess you are right. Its just every little detail of this whole process makes u think twice. Very stressful.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

johannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond reputejohannalouise has a reputation beyond repute

Oh it's specifically to do with receiving the payslip, not the date on the payslip.. in that case, I have always received my payslip before being paid, as has my husband. But the dates are almost always in the future. So my husband receives his payslip about 1 week before his pay date, but the date on the payslip still doesn't always match the date of payment, but it's understood that payment will be made the last working day before the date on the payslip.
So in this situation, the employers aren't breaking the law by providing a payslip with an incorrect pay date.