Passports taking a while. Stress!

Old Apr 12th 2014, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default Passports taking a while. Stress!

Update from me
A little bit stressed as we are still waiting for our visas and passports and cannot plan anything until we get them.

I applied for my son's UK passport 7 weeks ago. We are in USA and he was born here. The email from UK processing says "You need to allow at least 6 weeks from the date the supporting documents have been received in the UK."
so i hope they arrive soon.

Applied for my wife's visa March 19 (well, they got all our documents then in UK) and it's been 3 and a half weeks. Which is the upper echelon of the predicted spouse settlement visa times. (we are applying with savings)

Anyone else had this waiting agony? Urgh. Hate it!
Old Apr 14th 2014, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

uk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Passports taking a while. Stress!

I am currently waiting the name change of my uk passport (live in usa at the mo) its only been 2 weeks waiting for me but I am getting stressed and I know I have a few more weeks to go! Then I apply for my 5 month old babies passport and the waiting begins all over again!

Then I have to apply one at a time for both my boys usa passports after all that.

Have you gotten their usa passports so they can leave the usa?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all

Oh sorry you are stressed

My son has a USA passport yes. My wife however is an Aussie.

My daughter already has both an Australian and British passports so she is fine.

Can't believe how long the new passport process takes! I guess it is down to traffic their end, but it really makes things drawn out.

Anyway, I hope your process isn't so long uk_sweetie
Old Apr 14th 2014, 7:27 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_sweetie
I am currently waiting the name change of my uk passport (live in usa at the mo) its only been 2 weeks waiting for me but I am getting stressed and I know I have a few more weeks to go! Then I apply for my 5 month old babies passport and the waiting begins all over again!

Then I have to apply one at a time for both my boys usa passports after all that.

Have you gotten their usa passports so they can leave the usa?
Why are you applying for them one at a time?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

uk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud ofuk_sweetie has much to be proud of

I don't know why or what made me think I have to apply one at a time for the usa passports.. I think I am getting confused between evidence for the british and usa passports. I don't know. Am going nuts with our circumstances at home, me thinks
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wombatboy
Oh sorry you are stressed

My son has a USA passport yes. My wife however is an Aussie.

My daughter already has both an Australian and British passports so she is fine.

Can't believe how long the new passport process takes! I guess it is down to traffic their end, but it really makes things drawn out.

Anyway, I hope your process isn't so long uk_sweetie
Oh thanks! For you too! Their "new" process is not so good it seems!
Old Apr 14th 2014, 10:19 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

My time line from Italy for a replacement for a stolen passport; estimated at least 6 weeks.

Courier delivered 4th Feb. Durham.
Appeared as 'being processed' 10th Feb. The 6 week clock starts here.
'Dispatched' today 14th April.
8 weeks.

Should arrive tomorrow. One down, two to go. I couldn't afford to do them all together. Identity and residency proof needed translating, doubling the cost.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:09 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
My time line from Italy for a replacement for a stolen passport; estimated at least 6 weeks.

Courier delivered 4th Feb. Durham.
Appeared as 'being processed' 10th Feb. The 6 week clock starts here.
'Dispatched' today 14th April.
8 weeks.

Should arrive tomorrow. One down, two to go. I couldn't afford to do them all together. Identity and residency proof needed translating, doubling the cost.
pshh.. ridiculous isn't it ? 8 bloody weeks.... i will phone them up when it hits the 4th of may... that will be a 'month on the dot' since they took payment i've seen other threads here people waiting 10 weeks 12 weeks and one poor sod 15 bloody weeks!!! what on earth is going on? are they really backlogged to the max? i'll be god damned if im waiting 15 weeks... thats like what? 3.5 months? my sons passport better be in my hands by 'MID MAY' otherwise i'll send the family down to the office give em hell it's absolutely ridiculous...
Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Markie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
pshh.. ridiculous isn't it ? 8 bloody weeks.... i will phone them up when it hits the 4th of may... that will be a 'month on the dot' since they took payment i've seen other threads here people waiting 10 weeks 12 weeks and one poor sod 15 bloody weeks!!! what on earth is going on? are they really backlogged to the max? i'll be god damned if im waiting 15 weeks... thats like what? 3.5 months? my sons passport better be in my hands by 'MID MAY' otherwise i'll send the family down to the office give em hell it's absolutely ridiculous...
Along with the new process, the price of overseas applications dropped a lot - so this may have spurred a lot of demand from people who'd put off renewing waiting on the price drop?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:23 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markie
Along with the new process, the price of overseas applications dropped a lot - so this may have spurred a lot of demand from people who'd put off renewing waiting on the price drop?
Maybe? but i've known people in fiji new zealand japan etc apply 'FIRST PASSPORTS' and they get them around the 3rd week mark latest 5 weeks...

But like i said there are people on here waiting 8 weeks 10 weeks 15 weeks you get the idea... no one really knows whats going on maybe they're just slow then again Easter holiday is on the rise now Jesus Christ.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vexcore
Maybe? but i've known people in fiji new zealand japan etc apply 'FIRST PASSPORTS' and they get them around the 3rd week mark latest 5 weeks...

But like i said there are people on here waiting 8 weeks 10 weeks 15 weeks you get the idea... no one really knows whats going on maybe they're just slow then again Easter holiday is on the rise now Jesus Christ.
They've got a new system, lower prices that people have known were coming for quite some time, and Easter holidays approaching. Let's give them some slack and expect things to be back to normal by summer.

BTW, Irish overseas passport applications are QUOTED to take 12-16 weeks.... remember it could always be worse
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:53 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markie
My application went in before the price drop so the price drop isn't the cause. It can only make things worse.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 37100
My application went in before the price drop so the price drop isn't the cause. It can only make things worse.
Wow, that is odd, I'd have expected demand to be quite low in the couple months immediately preceding the price drop.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:36 pm
Looking Around~

I have a question for everyone here.. !

Would the passport office email/phone you? if there is a problem with your application? they're quick enough to take your money but slow to process the application.... ironic isn't it? lalalala
Old Apr 15th 2014, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes they would because we were missing a form (appendix 2) on my wife's visa application. They emailed me the form to complete then sent another email to confirm they had received my amended form and gave me the date the process had started for timing purposes.
So kudos to their settlement visa process there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.