Paid priority and not being processed as priority!

Old Jul 9th 2018, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Regant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paid priority and not being processed as priority!

Hi everyone
Just wondering if others have paid for the priority service and 40 days into it after sending an email to UKVI asking for update and why it’s taking so long for my priority application, to receive a response from the UKVI saying it’s not been treated as priority please send proof!!!

This is is my second application for a spouse visa after being refused first time due to then not reading documents properly and making several assumptions, also we didn’t provide enough proof that they felt was legitimate ( they didn’t like our end of year tax return and my bank didn’t stamp every page of our savings accounts.

However we applied again wirh rhe hwlp of lawyera in the UK to make sure everything was ok, paid priority, and at biometrics priority receipt was stamped by biometrics officer and the red priority stamp included, this was put at the front of my application and included in my lawyers summary to the UKVI at the time they sent the application in, with priority in red stamped across the front of my application!

How can they miss it!!!! So unfair I have 2 kids age 10 and 8 who haven’t seen their dad in 6 mths now, they are British citizens and just waiting on my visa.

Our lawyers have sebt a formal complaint today and are lodging the complaint wirh the palimentary obbudsman and the MP in the UK is also sending an email of complaint. I’ve just found all dealings with the UKVI to be horrendous!!

Anyone else had this? After submitting proof of priority how soon is it processed? We will be asking for a refund of the priority fee since it wasn’t even used!

Old Jul 9th 2018, 12:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paid priority and not being processed as priority!

Paying for priority with a previous refusal is not recommended as your application is unlikely to be treated as such. Your lawyer should’ve told you that.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Lucky07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Regant,

Waiting for the outcome on our applications indeed nerve wrecking and energy draining. ​​​​
Eventhough we paid for priority, the processing might take longer, after being refused on our previous application, I agree with Britinparis comment, and it was noted for all the applicants the pros and cons once you paid the priority service.
As of today 10th July marks our 36 BD for myself and my child.

Hope and pray that soon we will be reunited with our loveones, and this waiting game will be just a memory.
Wishing you all the best of luck. And this time may the odds be in our favor. Goodluck to the rest of applicants who have been waiting to hear the good news.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

But the UKVI said they didn’t treat it as priority as they didn’t know it was a priority application, which I can’t understand at all.

Another question is once they either approve or not it took them 10 days to get my passport back to me. Do they allow that extra time in vignette as I do t want reduced time on the 28 days to get to the UK!
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Regant
But the UKVI said they didn’t treat it as priority as they didn’t know it was a priority application, which I can’t understand at all.

Another question is once they either approve or not it took them 10 days to get my passport back to me. Do they allow that extra time in vignette as I do t want reduced time on the 28 days to get to the UK!
That would depend on what you put on your application form for your initial entry date.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

I put the 18th May 2018
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:28 pm

I put the 18th May 2018
Then you'll likely only have 28 days to enter the UK from the date of issue.
Old Jul 9th 2018, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I put the 18th May 2018
How could you put date of entry as 18 May when you had your first refusal 27 April? I would have thought that was way too soon following a refusal taking into account the amount of time it takes to make a new application ...... ?? plus the additional scrutiny following a refusal.....

..... and you had a whole load to reasons given for your first refusal ........
Old Jul 10th 2018, 1:50 am
Just Joined

We hired lawyers straight away after our refusal.

Our online application was filed 8 May and I had biometrics done a couple of days later. We put the entry to uk date early as we wanted visa processed quickly.

Our lawyers said we Id we qualify for savings route and employment route, they are very well know lawyers in Sheffield that process a lot of spouse settlement visas and we went with what they said.
Old Mar 26th 2019, 10:54 am
Just Joined

poundworld is an unknown quantity at this point

All in all how many days did they take?