British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   P60 not submitted, UK Spouse Visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/p60-not-submitted-uk-spouse-visa-849460/)

philemon_bodiba Dec 26th 2014 5:36 am

P60 not submitted, UK Spouse Visa

hi guys.

My wife and dependent child had applied to come and join me in the UK. However, I've not sent my 2013-2014 p60 showing gross amount of £23600 to her to submit as part if the supporting document for the application.
The application is made under Category B, I've earned £24900 gross in the 12 months prior to the date of application and my letter of employment show that I earn approximately £23600 gross per annum, this figure is taken from the p60 I've mentioned above. I was of the idea that the ECO will fix their attention more on the figure showing on my employment letter rather what's on the p60.

Could the absence of a p60 in my wife's application be a ground for refusal?

Looking forward to hearing from you, guys..

Thanks..

BritInParis Dec 26th 2014 4:20 pm

Re: P60 not submitted, UK Spouse Visa

An absence of a P60 itself isn't grounds for a refusal. Did you provide payslips or bank statements or just a letter from your employer?

SanDiegogirl Dec 26th 2014 4:38 pm

Why would you not include the P60 if you had one?

I don't agree the ECO is likely to concentrate on the figure in your employment letter - an employment letter could be 'doctored' to show more income than is actually paid. The P60 is an official document which reflects income and monies paid to the HMRC - less likely to be false.

However, as said, not likely to be main cause of refusal - if you have included payslips and bank statements for last 6 months.

Vexcore Dec 26th 2014 11:32 pm

Weird... why hand in a P60? even if you didn't have one its not 'grounds for refusal'

Relax fella

mikemike Dec 27th 2014 12:00 am

Is your dependent child a UK passport holder?

philemon_bodiba Dec 31st 2014 6:20 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 11513385)
An absence of a P60 itself isn't grounds for a refusal. Did you provide payslips or bank statements or just a letter from your employer?

I have provided bank statements and payslips covering the last 12 months prior to the date of application because I'm applying under Category B; and a letter of employment had also been provided.

philemon_bodiba Dec 31st 2014 6:22 am

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 11513393)
Why would you not include the P60 if you had one?

I don't agree the ECO is likely to concentrate on the figure in your employment letter - an employment letter could be 'doctored' to show more income than is actually paid. The P60 is an official document which reflects income and monies paid to the HMRC - less likely to be false.

However, as said, not likely to be main cause of refusal - if you have included payslips and bank statements for last 6 months.

Payslips and bank statements covering 12 months prior to the date of application.

philemon_bodiba Dec 31st 2014 6:22 am

Originally Posted by mikemike (Post 11513565)
Is your dependent child a UK passport holder?

Nope, he's not a UK passport holder..