P60 not submitted, UK Spouse Visa

Old Dec 26th 2014, 5:36 am
Just Joined

philemon_bodiba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default P60 not submitted, UK Spouse Visa

hi guys.

My wife and dependent child had applied to come and join me in the UK. However, I've not sent my 2013-2014 p60 showing gross amount of £23600 to her to submit as part if the supporting document for the application.
The application is made under Category B, I've earned £24900 gross in the 12 months prior to the date of application and my letter of employment show that I earn approximately £23600 gross per annum, this figure is taken from the p60 I've mentioned above. I was of the idea that the ECO will fix their attention more on the figure showing on my employment letter rather what's on the p60.

Could the absence of a p60 in my wife's application be a ground for refusal?

Looking forward to hearing from you, guys..

Thanks..
Old Dec 26th 2014, 4:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: P60 not submitted, UK Spouse Visa

An absence of a P60 itself isn't grounds for a refusal. Did you provide payslips or bank statements or just a letter from your employer?
Old Dec 26th 2014, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you not include the P60 if you had one?

I don't agree the ECO is likely to concentrate on the figure in your employment letter - an employment letter could be 'doctored' to show more income than is actually paid. The P60 is an official document which reflects income and monies paid to the HMRC - less likely to be false.

However, as said, not likely to be main cause of refusal - if you have included payslips and bank statements for last 6 months.
Old Dec 26th 2014, 11:32 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Weird... why hand in a P60? even if you didn't have one its not 'grounds for refusal'

Relax fella
Old Dec 27th 2014, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Is your dependent child a UK passport holder?
Old Dec 31st 2014, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
An absence of a P60 itself isn't grounds for a refusal. Did you provide payslips or bank statements or just a letter from your employer?
I have provided bank statements and payslips covering the last 12 months prior to the date of application because I'm applying under Category B; and a letter of employment had also been provided.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Why would you not include the P60 if you had one?

I don't agree the ECO is likely to concentrate on the figure in your employment letter - an employment letter could be 'doctored' to show more income than is actually paid. The P60 is an official document which reflects income and monies paid to the HMRC - less likely to be false.

However, as said, not likely to be main cause of refusal - if you have included payslips and bank statements for last 6 months.
Payslips and bank statements covering 12 months prior to the date of application.
Old Dec 31st 2014, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikemike
Is your dependent child a UK passport holder?
Nope, he's not a UK passport holder..