Overseas Child First Passport. DNA Why?

Old Sep 21st 2022, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

GamMark is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overseas Child First Passport. DNA Why?

Hi,

I am in the midst of my second application for my three (3) childrens passports ( I missed a deadline the 1st time). when I was struck down with COVID.

I am a British citizen by birth and currently married in The Gambia to my Gambian wife and have submitted all required documents to HMPO to support the application and have taken part in an online interview last week as well. A couple of days ago I received a letter asking me if I want to volunteer to take DNA tests to supoort the applications.

Although I have no issues taking the tests (apart for the outrageous cost £600) as it will obviouls prove parentage I was wondering a couple of things.

- Why is it voluntary and not mandated?
- Does the request indicate that HMPO do not have enough?
- If I am the British citizen, why then are they asking for my wife to take the test?

I have actually made complaints before to HMPO and the Minister for Immigration at the way I have been treated by HMPO as it is as if they keep moving the goalposts.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Cheers
Old Sep 21st 2022, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Overseas Child First Passport. DNA Why?

Originally Posted by GamMark
Hi,

I am in the midst of my second application for my three (3) childrens passports ( I missed a deadline the 1st time). when I was struck down with COVID.

I am a British citizen by birth and currently married in The Gambia to my Gambian wife and have submitted all required documents to HMPO to support the application and have taken part in an online interview last week as well. A couple of days ago I received a letter asking me if I want to volunteer to take DNA tests to supoort the applications.

Although I have no issues taking the tests (apart for the outrageous cost £600) as it will obviouls prove parentage I was wondering a couple of things.

- Why is it voluntary and not mandated?
- Does the request indicate that HMPO do not have enough?
- If I am the British citizen, why then are they asking for my wife to take the test?

I have actually made complaints before to HMPO and the Minister for Immigration at the way I have been treated by HMPO as it is as if they keep moving the goalposts.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Cheers
You will find answers here: https://assets.publishing.service.go...lications_.pdf

Old Sep 21st 2022, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Cheers. Much appreciated
Old Sep 22nd 2022, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

jmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond repute

If you choose not to provide the DNA test, the decision will be made based on the balance of probabilities. They are not allowed to use a refusal to submit DNA evidence against you.

That said, an examiner is told to consider whether they already have enough evidence to make a balance of probabilities decision before offering a DNA test. It is likely that if you do not provide the DNA test, your application will be delayed further or denied.

It's likely an issue with your documents given that they consider Gambia to be a high risk country, although it could also have been something in your interview as that is one of the reasons for suggesting a voluntary test.
Old Sep 27th 2022, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

Update: I just received the following from HMPO

It is completely your choice whether or not you would like to volunteer to do the DNA test. We can make a decision based on the evidence you have provided, however the DNA results would further support the applications and better the chances of granting the children their British passports.
While I believe that I have provided enough documentaton, I told them to make the aarangements as when they get the DNA results, it will be conclusive proof of parentage.

The cost is high but I just want my kids to get their passports and don't want to leave anything to chance.

Cheers
Old Sep 27th 2022, 3:34 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

They can’t force you to take a DNA test but if they have requested one then the applications will invariably be refused if you don’t provide it. If they didn’t need it then they would have already made their decision.
Old Sep 28th 2022, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Yeah, that's what I thought as well which is why I agreed to take it.
Old Oct 6th 2022, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Sooo... I just received instructions from TLS regarding HMPO DNA testing for my wife, myself and our 3 children. I have created an account but when I went to make the payment, it seems like the system is asking me to pay for testing for my wife and myself for each test for our 3 children. Not only is that duplicating the tests but also duplication of costs. Being as each test costs GBP 124.000 it is a serious issue.

Why cannot my wife and I take (and pay) for one test each and the results be associated with our childrens?

Cheers
Old Oct 7th 2022, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

jmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond repute

Sooo... I just received instructions from TLS regarding HMPO DNA testing for my wife, myself and our 3 children. I have created an account but when I went to make the payment, it seems like the system is asking me to pay for testing for my wife and myself for each test for our 3 children. Not only is that duplicating the tests but also duplication of costs. Being as each test costs GBP 124.000 it is a serious issue.

Why cannot my wife and I take (and pay) for one test each and the results be associated with our childrens?

Cheers
Do you mean that they are testing you and your wife three times? 9 tests in total: 3 tests for you, 3 tests for your wife, and three tests for your children?
Old Oct 8th 2022, 11:12 am
Just Joined

Exactly. I thought when I got to the payment part of the TLS portal I would simply select the 5 of us but no, each of the reference numbers have separate payment options. I actually complained and this was their response.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email,

Please note we have been requested to conduct DNA testing on the three children and both parents.

The fees that are displayed on our website are correct, please understand there are other cost relating to conduct DNA testing, such as doctor fee and shipping fee and the analysis of the test.

However this is a voluntarily choice, if you choose not to participate, please let us know, in order for us to inform Him Majesty Passport.
I am responding as their reply obviously states that there should be five tests so why 9 payments? Seems sort of dodgy and a way for TLS to make money from us applicants.
Old Oct 12th 2022, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Exactly. I thought when I got to the payment part of the TLS portal I would simply select the 5 of us but no, each of the reference numbers have separate payment options. I actually complained and this was their response.

I am responding as their reply obviously states that there should be five tests so why 9 payments? Seems sort of dodgy and a way for TLS to make money from us applicants.
Likely because the testing procedure requires that the parentage analysis for each child is done independently of the others. Since TLS responded to you that the fees are correct, it does not seem that there is anything further that you can do. It's unfortunate that it's as expensive as it is. Let us know when you receive the three passports.
Old Dec 3rd 2022, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

UPDATE: Finally took the tests on Wednesday. Now waiting for the passports.
Old Dec 16th 2022, 7:10 am
Just Joined

UPDATE: I just received this email:

"Dear Sir/Madam
We have received the DNA results and are now in the position to issue your children’s British passports. "

Thanks for all the great advice.

Cheers
Old Dec 16th 2022, 11:40 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 18th 2022, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.