Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Which option for 'family of a settled person' on new website?

Wikiposts

Which option for 'family of a settled person' on new website?

Old May 3rd 2015, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Hambridge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which option for 'family of a settled person' on new website?

Has anyone used the new UK visa website? I was all set today to apply for a 'family of a settled person' visa for my Canadian wife to accompany me to UK but can't find it in the drop-down list of options. It is definitely not under the Family category as these are the 'no-work-allowed' visas. Can anyone point me to the right option? Thanks!
Old May 3rd 2015, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which option for 'family of a settled person' on new website?

Did you start here?

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

Which will lead you to this:

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/apply

Don't be confused by the 'join family' language; you can travel together or you can go first, and your wife then joins you.
Old May 4th 2015, 2:02 am
Just Joined

That's exactly what we did but the question was about the next step. When you go to apply there is no "family of a settled person" in the options listed. Is it now called something different?
Old May 4th 2015, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't it this?
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk
Old May 4th 2015, 4:39 am
Just Joined

The next step after that page. After logging in on that page you have to pick and drill down to the type of visa to apply for. That's were the confusion lies.
You select 'Family' and it takes you to the family visas. You then get an option to say if you want to work. When you say yes it pops up and says these are the wrong visas. Basically the application website does not let you pick "family of a settled person" as described on the other web pages.
Old May 4th 2015, 5:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

If you are here: https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/apply and go down to this:

"You must apply online for this visa" - which is a "clickable" link. That leads you here:

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

Ignore the stuff about China and scroll down to "register an account". AFAIK, you then start the on-line application.
Old May 4th 2015, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds as if Hambridge has done all that. Unfortunately, we did our application over a year ago and I cannot remember the details. I am pretty sure ours said Settlement, settlement and then you pick husband or wife but it may have changed . Hopefully, someone who has applied recently will help.
Old May 4th 2015, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michali
It sounds as if Hambridge has done all that. Unfortunately, we did our application over a year ago and I cannot remember the details. I am pretty sure ours said Settlement, settlement and then you pick husband or wife but it may have changed . Hopefully, someone who has applied recently will help.
You're correct according to other sites such as
Help! What visa sub type do I choose?

The Immigration Health Surcharge seems to need to be paid first so that your wife has her unique IHS number for her visa application.
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigr...pplication/pay
"You must make the payment before you submit or send your visa or immigration application (or book an appointment at a premium service centre)."

Last edited by formula; May 4th 2015 at 7:29 am.