Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Non-EU citizen - visa check when flying from Portugal to UK

Non-EU citizen - visa check when flying from Portugal to UK

Old Mar 30th 2018, 8:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non-EU citizen - visa check when flying from Portugal to UK

Just curious about this as it's something I haven't encountered before. Flying back to the UK today from a holiday, I presented my Australian passport at the Porto airport airline check in desk. I was advised that I would need to go to another location in the airport for a visa check before I could check in for my flight.

It wasn't a problem, I just had to show them my UK biometric resident permit, but I wondered why I haven't had to do this before when taking side trips to Europe while visiting the UK. Just being nosy.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 8:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non-EU citizen - visa check when flying from Portugal to UK

I think it was because Australia did rather well against Portugal in the Algarve Cup 2018 (Women's international soccer competition) and they are still being miffed about it.

Not much help I know, but could not think of anything else.
Old Mar 30th 2018, 8:29 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non-EU citizen - visa check when flying from Portugal to UK

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
I think it was because Australia did rather well against Portugal in the Algarve Cup 2018 (Women's international soccer competition) and they are still being miffed about it.

Not much help I know, but could not think of anything else.
Even if it's not true, it's a great answer!