Newbie Needing Advice Please!

Old Nov 6th 2012, 10:43 am
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie Needing Advice Please!

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch

rebeccajo - yes I agree with you. Immigrants coming from the EU is a huge problem. It was always a disaster for the UK to agree to it. If there's a choice between Albania, Poland, Iran etc or the UK I'm pretty sure the majority of people would choose the UK. And when they all arrive en mass lets all give them handouts and free housing courtesy of the tax payer!And just for the record I'm not "buying into" anything. Immigration is a huge problem in the UK whether it's EU or non EU, I'm fully aware of that.
If you agree with me, then you would realize the government is not really fixing any problems of mass migration with these new rules.

I'd ask you to go back to what you wrote. I believe you said you were glad to see the government is putting these rules in place. I believe you mean that because you think it will fix the problem. Did I misread you?

PS-I don't think the problem is people moving to your country to access your benefits. I believe the problem is your benefit system itself.
Old Nov 6th 2012, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

For all those who dont live in the UK keep your opinions to yourself, unless you have a real experience on what damage has been done to the UK through mass invasion of migrants who have used every trick to worm there way onto UK shores.
evidence please??? and please dont quote the Daily Mail...and I lived in the UK for 40 years and for 13 of those I was a social worker and I just really dont know what this offensive statement means??? Every country has immigration, every country should take its share of refugees when people are in need of a safe haven, UK is not unique? and I dont see how this relates to the laws which are effectively tearing couples and families apart?
Old Nov 6th 2012, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Maltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really niceMaltoo is just really nice

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
evidence please??? and please dont quote the Daily Mail...and I lived in the UK for 40 years and for 13 of those I was a social worker and I just really dont know what this offensive statement means??? Every country has immigration, every country should take its share of refugees when people are in need of a safe haven, UK is not unique? and I dont see how this relates to the laws which are effectively tearing couples and families apart?

Old Nov 6th 2012, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pom_Chch
Legitimate cases like the one you have described - of course I think you should be entitled to come into the UK. Unfortunately it's the UK's lack of immigration rules previously that have ruined it for legit cases and now they assume everyone is trying to con the system. But what else can they do? It can't be one rule for one and one rule for another.
Why not? It's this stupid farce of appearing to be fair to everyone that gets us into this mess and just ends up with us treating our own at the lowest common denominator - other countries who treat there citizens liek that tend to get our scorn.

To be honest (living in the UK now and having grown up here not too long ago) I think the big problem is that a lot of the "foreigners" I see on the streets and who need interpreters at taxpayers expense when visiting hospital or council housing offices etc actually have UK passports. 5 years permanent residency or being born to permanent residents is all that's needed to get one! Most of the EU immigrants I see are in jobs.

Here's a novel thought for you - right now we have one set of rules for citizens AND permanent residents. (Why?) I'm fine with that but let's make a set of exception rules for 3rd generation citizens (and do away with the citizenship by descent nonsense which means some of our future grandkids may not get a passport): 3rd gen BC can sponsor a spouse without any checks other than geniune marriage, 3rd gen can pass on citizenship by birth outside the UK. Then keep stricter rules for "new" citizens and resident immigrants.

Let me temper that slightly by adding - I think the new rules are a disgrace and even though I am lucky enough to not be affected I am planning actively oppose them. I am glad to live in a multi-cultural society, where people of all nationalities and backgrounds work and live together. I see that happening with some of the UK immigrants - with other immigrants I see a complete lack of integration. I've lived in other places where they are in my opion fairer and yet have very different rules for different groups of people, in general in the places I like marrying a citizen gives a guarantee of residency, an easy route to a passport even without residency and nationailty is primarily via descent not place of birth. I just find that fairer.

Last edited by englishguygoinghome; Nov 6th 2012 at 9:04 pm.