Need some help

Old Jun 24th 2012, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

furyangel11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some help

Hey folks

Me and my partner are currently living in Cairo in Egypt and we're working here me as a system engineer and she's a teacher we're looking to relocate to the UK she's a British citizen and I'm not I'm just trying to see which category would be the best to apply for we've been together for 3 years so far and we've got some kind of a relationship proof and also how much would we need for the maintenance fees and also I've been denied a study visa before for not having enough funds which was suggested by my employer and she wasn't involved in that neither as a sponsor or a partner I'm just trying to get any kind of info. as to where to start even reading or going for the first step would be ready to answer any questions round the clock.

Kindest regards
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need some help

If you don't have the resources and/or job to qualify on your own for a visa to the UK then your partner will need to sponsor you for an unmarried partner visa and will need to show proof that she can support you without recourse to public funds.

From July 2012 the sponsor will require a minimum of 18,600 GBP per annum for sponsorship purposes.

Start here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...izens-settled/

The application fee for the visa is 826 GBP
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much for your quick reply I've few more questions

She's currently living with me here and we're working as a system engineer(me) and she's a teacher and we've a joint bank statement/account with a balance of 5kGBP would that be enough by any chance?

Do they consider that she can work there from a proof of her never accessing public funds while she was there or HR letter or so?

Do we've any other choice/category that might be easier?

Thanks in advance I really appreciate your help
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furyangel11
Thank you very much for your quick reply I've few more questions

She's currently living with me here and we're working as a system engineer(me) and she's a teacher and we've a joint bank statement/account with a balance of 5kGBP would that be enough by any chance?

Do they consider that she can work there from a proof of her never accessing public funds while she was there or HR letter or so?

Do we've any other choice/category that might be easier?

Thanks in advance I really appreciate your help
She is a British citizen so does not have to prove anything in order to move to the UK and work there.

You, as a non Brit or EU citizen, need a visa to live/work in the UK. If, as said above, you cannot justify a visa on your own, then she has to sponsor you for one.

Since there is no guarantee that she would get a job in the UK (unemployment is quite high as in other parts of the world) then, no, I don't think that 5K is going to warrant a visa.

If she were to return to the UK, get a job and then apply for this visa you would have a better chance.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

Well we tried that before and it didn't really work or how long does she have to work there for and how much as a minimum wage to get the warranty for the sponsorship but if the 5k aren't enough from here how much would be enough to get better chance?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Read my earlier posting.

From 9 July 2012 new rules state that annual income of 18,600 GBP is required.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Read this for all information regarding financial requirements/new criteria for obtaining visa/leave to remain in the UK

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

I will read that PDF thanks for your help but while I'm doing that would you recommend a specific visa consultant and also does that apply on all categories of entry clearance and also is there an easier way?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:58 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Can the application be done online (at least initially) or does it have to be done in person at a UK Embassy in your country of residence?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have no visa consultants to recommend and cannot think of any easier ways.

Sorry.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 11:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew
Can the application be done online (at least initially) or does it have to be done in person at a UK Embassy in your country of residence?
Depending on which country you live in you can apply online or using form VAF4A

Info here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ly-outside-uk/
Old Jun 28th 2012, 5:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Depending on which country you live in you can apply online or using form VAF4A

Info here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...ly-outside-uk/
I've read everything over there and there's nothing stating how much is appropriate for applying for such a catogery I just need to know how much we need to save before we start
Old Jun 28th 2012, 5:36 am
Just Joined

I've read everything over there and there's nothing stating how much is appropriate for applying for such a catogery I just need to know how much we need to save before we start
Old Jun 28th 2012, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

There is no specific figure given in the current rules or guidelines - details of current guidelines and evidence can be found in this post:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0#post10064050

For applications made after the 9th there will be very strict income requirements (min 18600GBP, in form of a written job offer AND proof of equivalent earning for the last 6 months, or savings of around 60000GBP (in cash for the last 6 months)) - see the sticky thread at the top of the forum
Old Jun 28th 2012, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Thanks man I appreciate that I read the post it was helpful however I hope that we don't get to appeal against refusal of entry clearence do you have any idea about the fiance visa? and how much we've to have in savings? I think that might be better as it's under visits catogery and after marriage we can switch to ILR from there can't we?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.