need help filling uk passport form?

Old Mar 20th 2014, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

JOHNNY23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help filling uk passport form?

hello good afternoon, i wanted to know if someone can help me? i am a little bit confused in section 1a of uk passport form, it asks if i was born in a foreign country and your birth registered at a british consulate?
i was born in costa rica so the answer would be yes, but then it says name of british consulate and date of registration?
i did not know the date of registration or if i was registered in the costa rican british consulate, so i checked my birth entry and it says my birth was registered at the foreign and commonwealth office in london, uk?
my dad was from scotland and my mom costa rican, i was born on sep. 21 1981 and on my birth entry it says claim to citizenship S 11(1) BRITISH NATIONALITY ACT 1981.
what should i write down on the part where it says name of british consulate?
Old Mar 20th 2014, 7:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need help filling uk passport form?

Your consular birth certificate should state the place and date of your registration. If you can't see it or you're not sure (and presuming you can't ask your parents) just leave it blank and include your certificate with your application form. The passport examiner will be able to work it out for you if needs be.
Old Mar 20th 2014, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

JOHNNY23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your consular birth certificate should state the place and date of your registration. If you can't see it or you're not sure (and presuming you can't ask your parents) just leave it blank and include your certificate with your application form. The passport examiner will be able to work it out for you if needs be.
Thank you britinparis, what has me confused is that i was born in costa rica but my birth entry says i'm registered in the foreign and commonwealth office in london, uk?
shouldnt i be registered in costa rican britsh consulate if i was born in costa rica?
Old Mar 21st 2014, 12:01 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOHNNY23
Thank you britinparis, what has me confused is that i was born in costa rica but my birth entry says i'm registered in the foreign and commonwealth office in london, uk?
shouldnt i be registered in costa rican britsh consulate if i was born in costa rica?
It would make sense that you were registered at the British Embassy in San Jose. However it may have been done at the FCO in London instead. Without being able to see it myself it's difficult to say.
Old Mar 21st 2014, 1:02 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

on the passport form, it says date and place of registration

The date and location... but it also says 'Certificate Number' which doesn't exist on consular birth certificates... i just left it blank.