Need advise, Application-savings route

Old Aug 20th 2017, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need advice, Application-savings route

Hello All,

I'm asking this on behalf of my friend who will be applying this sept using savings route. I applied last month but we use salaried employment route.
My question is: Do they also need 6months most recent bank statement? Do they need to have it certified even though they requested the statement directly from their bank? Do they have to indicate where did the money came from or it is not necessary anymore? They paid a solicitor but then they had a hard time getting a hold of their solicitor that's why they just decided to just do it on their own. They were advise that all their papers should be certified even if its original. But what I know is, if your documents are original, there is no need anymore to have it certified.

Last edited by diane1982; Aug 20th 2017 at 10:36 am. Reason: advice
Old Aug 20th 2017, 10:34 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advise, Application-savings route

Originally Posted by diane1982
Hello All,

I'm asking this on behalf of my friend who will be applying this sept using savings route. I applied last month but we use salaried employment route.
My question is: Do they also need 6months most recent bank statement? Do they need to have it certified even though they requested the statement directly from their bank? Do they have to indicate where did the money came from or it is not necessary anymore? They paid a solicitor but then they had a hard time getting a hold of their solicitor that's why they just decided to just do it on their own. They were advise that all their papers should be certified even if its original. But what I know is, if your documents are original, there is no need anymore to have it certified.
Yes, they'll need the latest 6 months of bank statements, stamped by the bank or a letter from the bank, on official letterhead, confirming that the attached statements are correct. The funds being relied on the meet the financial requirement through cash savings must not have fallen below the amount required at any time within the 6 months. However, if the funds are from the sale of a property owned by either the applicant or sponsor (I think it has to have been owned for 12 months), and you are able to provide proof of this ownership and the property's sale, then those funds can be utilised immediately and don't need to have been help for 6 months.

Yes, they have to declare the source of the funds.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Aug 20th 2017 at 10:37 am.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Yes, they'll need the latest 6 months of bank statements, stamped by the bank or a letter from the bank, on official letterhead, confirming that the attached statements are correct. The funds being relied on the meet the financial requirement through cash savings must not have fallen below the amount required at any time within the 6 months. However, if the funds are from the sale of a property owned by either the applicant or sponsor (I think it has to have been owned for 12 months), and you are able to provide proof of this ownership, then those funds can be utilised immediately and don't need to have been help for 6 months.

Yes, they have to declare the source of the funds.
Thank you for your reply☺.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 10:39 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your reply☺.
You're welcome
Old Aug 20th 2017, 10:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need advice, Application-savings route

Hello All,

They cannot use a LOAN from a relative, or anybody for that matter, to up the savings, it must be a GIFT, and they are likely to ask for proof, in the form of a letter that it is, in fact, a gift.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Need advice, Application-savings route

Originally Posted by mikelincs
They cannot use a LOAN from a relative, or anybody for that matter, to up the savings, it must be a GIFT, and they are likely to ask for proof, in the form of a letter that it is, in fact, a gift.
Thanks for the info☺
Old Aug 20th 2017, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

There is no need to have any original documents certified. If the bank statments have been posted by the bank, there is no need to have them stamped or a letter confirming there are authentic.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by michali
There is no need to have any original documents certified. If the bank statments have been posted by the bank, there is no need to have them stamped or a letter confirming there are authentic.
So it is not really necessary to have it all certified so long that it's all from the bank? How about the cover letter from the sponsor? Is it required to have it certified? coz their solicitor asked them to have all documents be certified. And they already spent a lot of money just for the certification. What I know original documents shouldn't be certified anymore, correct me If I am wrong.
Old Aug 20th 2017, 6:35 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by michali
Ooops, sorry - I was thinking of the bank statements applicants print off at home. Thanks Michali h