Names in Passports/ Baby on the way

Old Feb 19th 2019, 8:23 pm
apw
Just Joined

apw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Names in Passports/ Baby on the way

Hi everyone!

So I have a couple of dilemmas. I would REALLY appreciate some of your help here.

First of all, my wife and I are expecting a baby boy! We found out two weeks ago while I was in Brazil. My question is, how does this affect the application? are there any pros/cons to this?
(Can my wife enter into the uk on a tourist visa and deliver the baby if I pay the surcharge? I.e. not have to pay the NHS fees.)

It would be very bad news if she couldn't get the visa by June, as past this she won't really be allowed to fly (7 months pregnant). Not to mention I would need to maintain my job to keep the visa stuff going. which would mean me missing a bunch of time with the baby and then waiting for the baby to get old enough to fly (and then having to apply for all the visa stuff for the baby)

The second question is - When my wife and I got married last month, she changed her name. However her current passport has her old name. Will this effect the application? Should we put her old name or new name? do both names have to be the same in the application and legal name?

essentially, should she renew her passport before we send off the application?

any help is really appreciated!

Old Feb 19th 2019, 8:54 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Names in Passports/ Baby on the way

Your wife cannot give birth in the UK on the NHS whilst holding Leave to Enter as a Visitor without being liable for the full cost of her care and then some. If she wants to give birth in the UK she should do so on her spouse visa.

Yes, she should renew her passport.
Old Feb 19th 2019, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

UsernamesRHard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Names in Passports/ Baby on the way

I renewed a British passport with change of surname. Include high quality copy of marriage certificate with application. I expect it's the same.