My first resident permit has expired

Old Jan 23rd 2020, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

ylangomez901 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My first resident permit has expired

Hello!

I need to apply for a new job, my first resident permit has expired on the 12th January 2020. I have started the application process. I already paid for it but I haven’t taken yet my biometric because I was waiting for my English test results.

How long does it takes to get the new permit after I complete my application?

Can I apply for jobs meanwhile?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 23rd 2020, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My first resident permit has expired

Usually take between 6 to 8 weeks. If you purchase priority (500 GBP) or super priority (800 GBP) it can be as short as next day.

You don't have a current visa in order to work.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 1:43 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Did you sit your IELTS exam before or after you submitted your online application?
Old Jan 24th 2020, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I booked the test in December and then I started the application processes. I presented the test last Sunday and received the test results yesterday. Now I’m going to book the appointment for the biometrics.

Thanks for your help
Old Jan 24th 2020, 7:45 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Did you pay for your visa application before or after last Sunday?
Old Jan 24th 2020, 8:10 am
Just Joined

I paid before
Old Jan 24th 2020, 1:05 pm

Be aware that the Home Office may not accept your test result as the exam was sat after your application date.

To answer your original questions; the speed of processing will depend on whether you chose standard (eight weeks), Priority (five working days) or Super Priority (24 hours).

You can apply for jobs and start work whilst a decision is being made on your application. Your employer will need to use the Employer Checking Service in order to comply with ‘Right to Work’ law.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

Wow! I didn’t know that .... where it says that we have to do the test first before paying for the application process? In the case that they don’t receive it that my test wont be valid... what can I do? I’m really worried now.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 2:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ylangomez901
Wow! I didn’t know that .... where it says that we have to do the test first before paying for the application process? In the case that they don’t receive it that my test wont be valid... what can I do? I’m really worried now.
Didn't you have to say somewhere on your application form that you'd passed the test?
Old Jan 24th 2020, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

Yes, they asked if I ever did a ielts test and if I have taken one in the last 2 years ... I select YES that I did one 2 years ago and NO on the second question because my exam was schedule for 19th Jan . It was the earliest date to present the exam so for that reason I did my application first I paid on the 10th Jan as my first resident permit has expires on te 12th Jan .... hope this makes sense
Old Jan 24th 2020, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis

You can apply for jobs and start work whilst a decision is being made on your application. Your employer will need to use the Employer Checking Service in order to comply with ‘Right to Work’ law.
..... even though her visa has already expired? I know that if applying before your visa expires and the process extends beyond your expiration date, that you can continue working; but to apply after expiration and continue working?

How long after expiration can you then apply and continue working......? days, months .....? What about 'my visa expired 6 months ago, I have continued working, and am now going to apply to extend' Would that be OK?

I thought you had 30 days to leave the UK if visa expired

Awaiting a visa decision

If you are awaiting a decision on an application and your visa has expired, you will be required to suspend any activities that your previous visa permitted (such as working) until a decision has been made and a new visa granted.

It is a criminal offence to continue to work in the UK after your visa has expired. If your employer is aware that your visa has expired, they are also committing a criminal offence by continuing to allow you to work and they may also risk Home Office penalty action.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Jan 24th 2020 at 5:29 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2020, 9:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I paid before
When did you actually submit your online application?
Old Jan 25th 2020, 1:00 am

You need to meet the requirements at the time of application which you won’t be able to do if you submitted your application before you sat your IELTS exam. It’s not a foregone conclusion that your application will be refused but it is a possibility.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
..... even though her visa has already expired? I know that if applying before your visa expires and the process extends beyond your expiration date, that you can continue working; but to apply after expiration and continue working?

How long after expiration can you then apply and continue working......? days, months .....? What about 'my visa expired 6 months ago, I have continued working, and am now going to apply to extend' Would that be OK?

I thought you had 30 days to leave the UK if visa expired

Awaiting a visa decision

If you are awaiting a decision on an application and your visa has expired, you will be required to suspend any activities that your previous visa permitted (such as working) until a decision has been made and a new visa granted.

It is a criminal offence to continue to work in the UK after your visa has expired. If your employer is aware that your visa has expired, they are also committing a criminal offence by continuing to allow you to work and they may also risk Home Office penalty action.
If you submit an application before your current leave to remain has expired then your existing conditions of leave apply until a decision is made on your application.

If you submit an application after your leave has expired then you can remain in the UK until a decision is made but you cannot work. The OP submitted an application for FLR on 10 January, two days before her previous visa expired, so she’s good to go.
Old Jan 25th 2020, 2:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK I missed that she had paid for her application on the 10th .... from her earlier posts I thought she had only submitted her application a few days ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.