My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Old Apr 6th 2016, 10:44 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My experience of going the Surinder Singh route so far

Originally Posted by LINANA
Dave , we r thinkin to do savings route fpr spouse as back up ,,still 62.500 pounds for holdin 6 months right ?and is it ok we aay it is a gift fro, my husband's father?and joint account ok ?the fund under my husband and his father's name ,thx so much
I wouldn't worry about the Spouse visa as back-up. You're nearly there.

But you'd have to prove where the £62,500 came from and your spouse would have to have control of it, or jointly with you but no-one else. You'd also have to keep it in the bank for a while.
Old Apr 6th 2016, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

LINANA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
I wouldn't worry about the Spouse visa as back-up. You're nearly there.

But you'd have to prove where the £62,500 came from and your spouse would have to have control of it, or jointly with you but no-one else. You'd also have to keep it in the bank for a while.
Thx , just incase the uk put a hault to the eea route after referendum, aslo , can I apply spouse visa in ireland or has to be in my home country ?just thinkin all the backup we can now .. Alot ppl got refused lately for ukrc with fp ....they r gettin stricter and stricter now
Old Apr 6th 2016, 11:59 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Thx , just incase the uk put a hault to the eea route after referendum, aslo , can I apply spouse visa in ireland or has to be in my home country ?just thinkin all the backup we can now .. Alot ppl got refused lately for ukrc with fp ....they r gettin stricter and stricter now
1. If the draft proposals put forward two months ago are implemented as-is in the event of a Remain vote to stay in the EU, you'd still be fine as you're already legally resident in an EU member state when the rules come in.

2. If the UK votes to Leave the EU, there will be no legal change to the current rules (but maybe to the way the Home Office deals with them) for a period of around 2 years.

3.You can only apply for a Spouse visa if you are in your home country and your UK spouse in in the UK.
Old Apr 7th 2016, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee
1. If the draft proposals put forward two months ago are implemented as-is in the event of a Remain vote to stay in the EU, you'd still be fine as you're already legally resident in an EU member state when the rules come in.

2. If the UK votes to Leave the EU, there will be no legal change to the current rules (but maybe to the way the Home Office deals with them) for a period of around 2 years.

3.You can only apply for a Spouse visa if you are in your home country and your UK spouse in in the UK.
on the uk giv website for spouse visa , sayin outside of uk ..not home contry . Wherr did u see that , thx . Just dont wanna be apart again .
Old Apr 7th 2016, 10:43 am
Account Closed

on the uk giv website for spouse visa , sayin outside of uk ..not home contry . Wherr did u see that , thx . Just dont wanna be apart again .
It may be as long as you're outside the UK. I'll check the gov.uk site later.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

PSMS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

I’m a British citizen and I want to move back to the UK with my non-EU spouse and our son using the Surinder Singh route. We’re living in Spain, where I’m just over halfway through a six month full time work contract. We’re going to apply for my wife’s EEA family visa next month but there are still a few things that I’m unsure about.

1. How long before wanting to attend the interview at the application centre should we apply online?

2. Will the application centre return our translations? Getting documents translated here is really expensive and I don’t want to have to shell out again for more translations when we apply for the EEA2 visa (providing we’re able to get to the UK in the first place).

3. Has anyone had to do the phone interview? What sort of questions do they ask? Is it before the appointment at the application centre or after?

4. If they ask why we’re applying for the EEA family visa, is it best to tell them the truth that we want to live in the UK and we’re going to apply for the EEA2 visa?

5. Finally, how soon after arriving back in the UK can we apply for the EEA2 visa?

Sorry if these are daft questions or if they’ve been discussed on the forum before; I just want to make sure I fully understand everything before we apply.

Thank you in advance.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PSMS
Hi everyone,

I’m a British citizen and I want to move back to the UK with my non-EU spouse and our son using the Surinder Singh route. We’re living in Spain, where I’m just over halfway through a six month full time work contract. We’re going to apply for my wife’s EEA family visa next month but there are still a few things that I’m unsure about.

1. How long before wanting to attend the interview at the application centre should we apply online?

2. Will the application centre return our translations? Getting documents translated here is really expensive and I don’t want to have to shell out again for more translations when we apply for the EEA2 visa (providing we’re able to get to the UK in the first place).

3. Has anyone had to do the phone interview? What sort of questions do they ask? Is it before the appointment at the application centre or after?

4. If they ask why we’re applying for the EEA family visa, is it best to tell them the truth that we want to live in the UK and we’re going to apply for the EEA2 visa?

5. Finally, how soon after arriving back in the UK can we apply for the EEA2 visa?

Sorry if these are daft questions or if they’ve been discussed on the forum before; I just want to make sure I fully understand everything before we apply.

Thank you in advance.
1,make appointment with TSL embassy embassy , they only take application forms .
2 they will ask which documents u wanna back .
4dont say anything about EEAa2,u nnpeed to prove ir center of life has been shifted , and have intention livin in spain for a long term .
5 immediately.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by PSMS
Hi everyone,

Thank you in advance.
1. Most seem to be about 4 weeks.

2. Depends on the centre/UKVI

3. If you're honest on the form, you shouldn't have any issues.

4. Why you're moving back isn't relevant, but your circumstances have changed/you're homesick/other.

5. As soon as you have proofs of address in the UK. Due to Home Office rules for landlords and employers, the non-EU's FP is good as proof of right to reside and work in the UK until 6 months after date of issue. To continue to prove that right after the FP expiry date, they'll want to apply for the UK RC at least a month before it expires.
Old May 15th 2016, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

timusathem28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Thank you for such a wonderfully helpful forum. This is life changing support for so many people so kudos to David and others for being so generous with their time.

I am a naturalised British citizen and want to explore the SS route for my elderly widowed mother to come to the UK. I have some questions:

1) I read on a few forums that it is even more difficult to be successful for an elderly dependent than a spouse. Is that true? Are there success stories?

2) How stringent is the "financially dependent" requirement? My mother definitely depends on me financially, but I have not been sending money recently because she has saved over the years from my remittances and I have helped her invest it wisely and now she doesn't need more. Will that be a problem? It would be bizarre if so.

3) Do people recommend the use of an immigration lawyer to be up to date on regulations/ recent rulings etc? If so, can you recommend anyone?

Thanks very much again for your help.
Old May 15th 2016, 9:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by timusathem28
Hi all,

Thank you for such a wonderfully helpful forum. This is life changing support for so many people so kudos to David and others for being so generous with their time.

I am a naturalised British citizen and want to explore the SS route for my elderly widowed mother to come to the UK. I have some questions:

1) I read on a few forums that it is even more difficult to be successful for an elderly dependent than a spouse. Is that true? Are there success stories?
The UK Adult Dependant Relative visa rules basically mean that the elderly relative would only be able to enter the UK if they were too sick to travel.

The SS route has successfully done with ADR relatives in a number of cases. I'm not sure of any refusals. The EEA Free Movement FB group contains members considering, doing or having done various types of Free Movement throughout the EU. There's a link to a form in the description (on the right side), and if you inbox me here with your name I can let the group Admins know to keep an eye out for it.

2) How stringent is the "financially dependent" requirement? My mother definitely depends on me financially, but I have not been sending money recently because she has saved over the years from my remittances and I have helped her invest it wisely and now she doesn't need more. Will that be a problem? It would be bizarre if so.
The financially dependant bit is very stringent for returning to the UK.

In other EU countries, it may be enough to be able to demonstrate self-sufficiency financially, but the UKVI/Home Office will find any little excuse to refuse a Family Permit or UK RC.

3) Do people recommend the use of an immigration lawyer to be up to date on regulations/ recent rulings etc? If so, can you recommend anyone?

Thanks very much again for your help.
I've read enough stories of people going to immigration lawyer who knew more than the lawyer did. Personally, we started planning our journey about two and a half years ago, and at not point did we ever even consider a lawyer.

At that time, there few FB groups will small numbers of members, and I first heard about it by word of mouth.

Any rule changes (or the way the UKVI/Home Office interprets the rules) are always found and discussed on the groups (along with the usual worrying about things that might happen one day ).
Old May 24th 2016, 9:02 am
Just Joined

jack72 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello my name is jack i am new her i live in england may i say am new to all this but i have found this forum very informative but i have a few questions regarding SS firstly the wording off the directive is a employed b self employed c or actively seeking employment so if my girlfriend came here to the uk can we then travel to Ireland to get married using the ss route or would it be better to get a marriage visa in england to use the ss route as i understand a partner is included in the directive
Old May 26th 2016, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

i have another question can a hostel in ireland be classed as a permanent address until you find something more suitable thank you
Old May 26th 2016, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jack72
i have another question can a hostel in ireland be classed as a permanent address until you find something more suitable thank you
It would depend on the hostel.Many only allow stays of up to 28 days.

For most host-country RC applications, they want to see lease agreements.
Old May 27th 2016, 8:22 am
Just Joined

thanks for your reply davelovesdee tbh we are not really bothered about returning to england we are only using this route to be together its not really about returning to the uk
Old Jun 13th 2016, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Grobbendonk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, newbie here looking to move back to the UK with my Canadian wife using the Surinder Singh route by applying for an EEA Family Permit.
We have lived in Germany together since mid 2011.

My question is do we need to supply a translation of our rental document? I have asked someone for a quote to translate our rental document (it's 6 pages long and full of very small text) and this would come to €1000! While I appreciate this might not be much for some people, to us it is a lot of money...
We both have our Registration documents with the city authority (Anmeldung) which shows our address and is official confirmation from the city that we have registered at this address on the date shown. As these are much smaller documents, it would not be anywhere near as much to get translated.

Would these be adequate to submit in lieu of an actual translated rental document?

Many thanks for any help!

Last edited by Grobbendonk; Jun 13th 2016 at 5:32 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.