Moving back to uk

Old Feb 17th 2024, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

deborah24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back to uk

I am a british citizen living in Canada with my canadian wife.We want to move to the UK would I have to go first and get a job for 6 mths and then my wife apply to come over or what is the other options.I do not think I could meet the savings conditions
Old Feb 19th 2024, 6:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back to uk

If you’re currently working in Canada and meeting the salary threshold then you’d only need a job offer in the UK paying over the threshold in order for your wife to apply for a spouse visa to accompany you to the UK.
Old Feb 19th 2024, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

So I would need to have a job offer in the UK and then apply or can my wife apply now and then start job hunting
Old Feb 19th 2024, 7:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deborah24
So I would need to have a job offer in the UK and then apply or can my wife apply now and then start job hunting
You need to read the following document which gives you all the info regarding how to qualify:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf

As said, IF you have a current job earning the equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum AND you have a job offer in the UK again earning 18,600 GBP per annum, THEN you can apply for the visa. To apply from Canada you need a job in Canada AND an offer in the UK.

IF no job offer and not currently earning 18,600 GBP, then you the Brit can travel to the UK get a job and apply after 6 months.
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

I have worked for the same employer in Canada for 4years and meet the salary requirements. If I had the savings as well could I apply without having a job offer and then wait till I get to the uk to start job hunting
Old Feb 23rd 2024, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have worked for the same employer in Canada for 4years and meet the salary requirements. If I had the savings as well could I apply without having a job offer and then wait till I get to the uk to start job hunting

If you have 62,500 GBP you can apply under savings alone. (Is this what you mean by 'savings as well'

You would not then need income from either Canada or UK jobs.

Old Feb 23rd 2024, 10:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can also sell property and use the proceeds to meet the savings requirements.
Old Mar 11th 2024, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

If I go over to Uk and get a job and my canadian wife stays in Canada can she then apply for family visa then.I am not sure about trying to get a job offer from the Canadian side for me.
Old Mar 11th 2024, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If I go over to Uk and get a job and my canadian wife stays in Canada can she then apply for family visa then.I am not sure about trying to get a job offer from the Canadian side for me.
If you return to the UK and THEN get a job you can apply in two ways:
Category B: Less than 6 months with current employer or variable income – person residing in the UK (this option is dependent on the sponsor having a current job in the UK earning 18,600GBP or above AND having had a previous job (including one overseas) where they have earned 18,600GBP and above.
OR
Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more – person residing in the UK (this option does not depend on having a previous job earning the necessary threshold, but one DOES have to hold the job for 6 months before applying)

Read the following document for full details:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...equirement.pdf

With regard Cat B option you would need to have, say, 2 to 3 payslips to prove the financial threshold is being met.

Old Apr 1st 2024, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Sorry I keep asking questions I looked at the financial guide online. Is it me the UK citizen that needs the job offer in the UK or my Canadian wife.I think I'm getting confused reading the guide.we have both worked in Canada for over 5 yrs with same employer and meet financial requirements from Canadian side.and also do you know how long this process takes from submitting .
Old Apr 1st 2024, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry I keep asking questions I looked at the financial guide online. Is it me the UK citizen that needs the job offer in the UK or my Canadian wife.I think I'm getting confused reading the guide.we have both worked in Canada for over 5 yrs with same employer and meet financial requirements from Canadian side.and also do you know how long this process takes from submitting .
Income from the UK citizen is used .... not from the non UK citizen.
Savings from both applicant and sponsor can be used.
Note that as from April 11 income threshold goes up the 29,000GBP.
Usually up to 3 months for processing.
Old Apr 16th 2024, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

Another question reading on gov UK .if you apply for a family visa as a partner .you and your partner need to prove that your combined income is at least 29000 a year. We have over that in Canada but can it be for us both getting employment in the UK. Or can the sponsored person only apply for work once granted a family visa
Old Apr 16th 2024, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You are applying for the initial spouse visa - the first 2.5 years.
Only income generated by the Brit sponsor can be used. The applicant's current employment or potential employment is not taken into considerati
The sponsored person can only work in the UK once the visa is issued.

Dual income be used to qualify for the subsequent visa at the end of 2.5 years and then ILR.