Moving back with Taiwanese wife

Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

Hydreliox is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back with Taiwanese wife

Hi,

If I want to move back to the UK with my wife and child (British citizen passport), can someone clarify the financial requirements that I need to acquire.

-You have earned the equivalent of £18,600 (or more if required) per annum for the past 6 months

I meet this requirement however the work is outside of the UK. Does that apply or not. If it does apply then what documents will I need to show to support the application by these means.

You have a guaranteed offer of a job in UK with an annual salary of at least £18,600 (or more if required) which will start within 3 months of your return to the UK

How does this work in tandem with the actual application process?

And are there any current updates or news with any expected changes to this policy. I knew things would be tough, didn't realise quite how brutal it would be to separate me from my wife and child.

As a final query, what is the fastest way to make this application, assuming I have all documents required and a smooth process occurs with the HO.

Cheers
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back with Taiwanese wife

Originally Posted by Hydreliox
Hi,

If I want to move back to the UK with my wife and child (British citizen passport), can someone clarify the financial requirements that I need to acquire.

-You have earned the equivalent of £18,600 (or more if required) per annum for the past 6 months

I meet this requirement however the work is outside of the UK. Does that apply or not. If it does apply then what documents will I need to show to support the application by these means.

You have a guaranteed offer of a job in UK with an annual salary of at least £18,600 (or more if required) which will start within 3 months of your return to the UK

And are there any current updates or news with any expected changes to this policy. I knew things would be tough, didn't realise quite how brutal it would be to separate me from my wife and child.

As a final query, what is the fastest way to make this application, assuming I have all documents required and a smooth process occurs with the HO.

Cheers
In order to satisfy the spouse visa financial requirement, you need to be an employee overseas for more than 6 months with a salary of at lease £18,600 per year AND you have an offer of employment in the UK with a salary of at lease £18,600 per year starting within 3 months of the couple's return to the UK. Have a look at section 5.2 of the link below for details -

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

Do you know that you can use cash savings to satisfy the spouse visa financial requirement? You will need £62,500 in cash savings for at lease 6 months in order to qualify.

If your child is a British Citizen, you should apply for his/her British passport now so that he/she can travel back to the UK without any problems.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

You may also want to register your child's birth with the British authorities -

https://www.gov.uk/register-a-birth
Old Oct 8th 2017, 8:59 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers
It's exactly as it says, you can apply if you are currently earning over the £18,600 a year, and have been fr the last 6 months, AND you have a job to start in the UK within 3 months of arrival also with a salary over the £18,600, this will have to be in the form of a job offer, in writing on headed letter stating the salary.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Fortunately we have just got our child's British passport - at least one less thing to think and worry about!

The employment situation seems quite tough achieve. As I am in the Philippines my taxation and contributions are paid through the company accounts and as such do not appear on my payslip. I am also paid in cash and as such do not have a record of bank transactions stating the pay. Finally, landing a job that will wait for three months may not be the easiest thing to actually achieve - not impossible I'm sure - but not easy.

I also have been told by my wife she would have to apply from Taiwan, not the Philippines and therefore we would need to take temporary sanctuary in Taipei whilst processing. What is the quickest way to process - is there a premium service to expedite proceedings?

How will I need to show where the money has come from with regards to the savings option? I may be able to secure half of it as a gift and we have half from my wife's stock sales and the sale of my car locally here.

I'd really like to come back and for both of us to start work, pay tax and contribute - not be a crux on the country. It certainly leaves a bitter taste that this could potentially be life changing in not being able to return.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

As you say you are paid in cash , then this will not count. You have to show certified bank statements showing the money being paid in on a regular basis.
If using savings, unless from the sale of a house, the cash must be in an instant access account for at least 6 months , but can be in both your names. If part of it is a gift from, say, a relative you need a letter from them confirming it is an outright gift and where the money came from i.e regular savings etc.
The other alternative, faced by thousands and many members here, is for you to return to UK , find a job paying at least £18,600 and you can then apply for your wifes settlement visa after 6 months , BUT ensure the money goes into a bank account so you have a record.
Yes, there is a priority service but as you will see from other threads, this is still taking a long time.
Old Oct 10th 2017, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

As you say you are paid in cash , then this will not count. You have to show certified bank statements showing the money being paid in on a regular basis.

Makes sense - thought it would be the case to be fair.

If using savings, unless from the sale of a house, the cash must be in an instant access account for at least 6 months , but can be in both your names.
Will all be transferred to my UK savings account plenty ahead of time - more than likely 8-10 months ahead of any application.

If part of it is a gift from, say, a relative you need a letter from them confirming it is an outright gift and where the money came from i.e regular savings etc.
Should be no issue obtaining this.

The other alternative, faced by thousands and many members here, is for you to return to UK , find a job paying at least £18,600 and you can then apply for your wifes settlement visa after 6 months , BUT ensure the money goes into a bank account so you have a record.
Not a chance I am leaving my wife and daughter for six months. The main issue I see with this is that if anything were to happen to myself or the company employing me in this period then the 6 month clock needs to reset. I can't imagine being employed for 5 months only to be let go or end up in an accident or something. Nightmare scenario I understand, but possible.

Yes, there is a priority service but as you will see from other threads, this is still taking a long time.
Will have a look around and see how long it is taking

Thanks for the reply!!
Old Oct 10th 2017, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Not a chance I am leaving my wife and daughter for six months. The main issue I see with this is that if anything were to happen to myself or the company employing me in this period then the 6 month clock needs to reset. I can't imagine being employed for 5 months only to be let go or end up in an accident or something. Nightmare scenario I understand, but possible.

Will have a look around and see how long it is taking

Thanks for the reply!!
I understand your feelings, so in this case the only way is via the savings route. As your child has a UK passport, then you only need the £62,500 in an instant access account for 6 months and then you can apply. Hopefully, by then the timescales will have reverted to somewhere near "normal".
good luck on your journey.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Are there any opinions on if we would be a simple case or a 'not straightforward' case. What are the determining criteria to this or is it a randomised way of dealing with the mess in Sheffield. We are in a A position to secure the cash to an account but really unsure about applying now or perhaps in 1 years time....what would you do in my shoes?
Old Oct 11th 2017, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Are there any opinions on if we would be a simple case or a 'not straightforward' case. What are the determining criteria to this or is it a randomised way of dealing with the mess in Sheffield. We are in a A position to secure the cash to an account but really unsure about applying now or perhaps in 1 years time....what would you do in my shoes?
Depends on how urgent your need is to get back to the UK! Remember , unless from a house sale, the money has to be in an instant access account for minimum of 6 months. I'd open the account now then you could apply in March 2018. come back here then and check if the approval processing seems back to normal. If it is then you can apply immediately , or to suit you. It appears at the moment that all applications are getting a "not straightforward" case letter which allows the Home office to "bypass' it's stated service levels. On the face of it yours appears straightforward.
to be fair, the situation does appear to be gradually improving so hopefullly when you are ready to apply , panic will be over! Using savings you will all be able to travel back together , which is what you want. Good Luck for the future.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply.
Agreed we will be best securing the account as soon as possible. I am also unsure about the cost of the entire process but read it could run between 5-10k?

Thanks again for the help and insights
Old Oct 11th 2017, 6:28 am
Forum Regular

Am I correct in saying we need to make the application from my wife's home country and not from where we are currently residing? It would make the process significantly easier to not have to relocate for an unknown interim period.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

Am I correct in saying we need to make the application from my wife's home country and not from where we are currently residing? It would make the process significantly easier to not have to relocate for an unknown interim period.
Applications should be made from the country of residence.
E.G. A Taiwanese, with legal residence permit or visa to live in Thailand, should apply from Thailand. The only exception to this would be if she's about to leave, of course.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MonsterP
Applications should be made from the country of residence.
E.G. A Taiwanese, with legal residence permit or visa to live in Thailand, should apply from Thailand. The only exception to this would be if she's about to leave, of course.
We both have a 3 year working visa for the Philippines, but neither of us are in fact residents and have no right to remain upon expiry of that visa.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

MonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond reputeMonsterP has a reputation beyond repute

We both have a 3 year working visa for the Philippines, but neither of us are in fact residents and have no right to remain upon expiry of that visa.
Perhaps 'residence' is a confusing word to use, but it is the place where you live, and clearly, legally, since you have work permits there.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

Great news. And certainly legal documents terminology is confusing. My head has only just stopped spinning after doing my daughters passport. Now we seem to have entered a real minefield!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.