Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Moving Back with Non EEA/EU spouse and children no substantive Job

Moving Back with Non EEA/EU spouse and children no substantive Job

Old Jun 9th 2018, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

Nallamilli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving Back with Non EEA/EU spouse and children no substantive Job

Hi! Please advice me with my unique situation.
I have acquired british Citizenship in 2010 after being on work visa. Soon after this we moved back to India. My wife and two children of years 17, 13 are indian Citizens. Now we would like to Move back to UK. During the last 7 years I have made frequent visits to UK done a few temp jobs, never spent more than 100 days in any year in UK.

I am currently back in UK ( after March 30, new financial year ) on a temp job for three months and I will cross £25,000 gross and will meet the finance requirement for spouse and two children. My job finishes in mid august and I have to go back to India soon after completing this temp job. I have no job lined up after this but its highly likely that I will secure another temp job October for two months. My eldest child will be 18 in November. I have to apply before eldest turns 18 in Nov. My doubt is can I apply for the family to come to UK, by being not ordinarily resident in UK? Having already earned and met the finance requirements do I satisfy the home office its requirement without a substantive Job offer?
Please advice. Many Thanks
Old Jun 9th 2018, 2:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Back with Non EEA/EU spouse and children no substantive Job

You can't apply from India without a job offer, no, and your family cannot apply from India until you have been working in the UK for at least six months. If your job finishes in mid-August then that's only four and a half months. If your income is variable then you can apply once you have earned above the threshold over the previous twelve months and you are then working in the UK earning above the threshold or have a job offer paying above the threshold.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not looking good at all maybe best to check the government web site for up to date information.
Old Jun 9th 2018, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nallamilli
Hi! Please advice me with my unique situation.
I have acquired british Citizenship in 2010 after being on work visa. Soon after this we moved back to India. My wife and two children of years 17, 13 are indian Citizens. Now we would like to Move back to UK. During the last 7 years I have made frequent visits to UK done a few temp jobs, never spent more than 100 days in any year in UK.

I am currently back in UK ( after March 30, new financial year ) on a temp job for three months and I will cross £25,000 gross and will meet the finance requirement for spouse and two children. My job finishes in mid august and I have to go back to India soon after completing this temp job. I have no job lined up after this but its highly likely that I will secure another temp job October for two months. My eldest child will be 18 in November. I have to apply before eldest turns 18 in Nov. My doubt is can I apply for the family to come to UK, by being not ordinarily resident in UK? Having already earned and met the finance requirements do I satisfy the home office its requirement without a substantive Job offer?
Please advice. Many Thanks
The OP, as a British Citizen, can move to another EEA country (not the UK) before the end of the Brexit transitional period and apply for EEA family permits for his wife and children. As far as I know, there is no financial requirement for EEA family permits.
Old Jun 10th 2018, 5:46 am
Just Joined

TinaU is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I ask what type of temp jobs you have done? I am a UK citizen from Bangladesh, and will move to the UK with my 2 kids next year. So i'm exploring job options. I don't need to meet the income requirement for spouse visa, as that plan is not our priority right now. Immediate plan is to settle myself and the kids.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 9:01 pm
Just Joined

Nallamilli is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Many thanks for your reply. I should be able to get substantive a job in UK, before I apply with gross salary above the threshold. The issue is now with the earnings in the previous 12 months. During the last 12 months I have worked for three months in UK whilst the remaining 9 months in India. If I include earnings from UK and India, I reach the threshold. Can I show my combined global income ? I am in hurry here because my daughter turns 18 by end of October and i want to apply before, otherwise i could wait until next year. Please advice.
Thanks a zillion
Old Jun 14th 2018, 11:45 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nallamilli
Hi! Many thanks for your reply. I should be able to get substantive a job in UK, before I apply with gross salary above the threshold. The issue is now with the earnings in the previous 12 months. During the last 12 months I have worked for three months in UK whilst the remaining 9 months in India. If I include earnings from UK and India, I reach the threshold. Can I show my combined global income ? I am in hurry here because my daughter turns 18 by end of October and i want to apply before, otherwise i could wait until next year. Please advice.
Thanks a zillion
Yes you can. Read paragraph 5.3.9 of Annex FM 1.7.