Moving back with daughter who is an american citizen

Old Jul 27th 2018, 1:39 am
Just Joined

Candiceb91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving back with daughter who is an american citizen

Hello everyone,

wondering if someone can help with some info... i am a british citizen with permanent residency in the u.s i have a 4 year old daughter born in u.s.a im looking to move back to the u.k and take my daughter with me. How do i do this legally? Can i just leave.... i dont know, will i need father consent...or is there another way? We have no family here my family want us home. Father barely helps or sees her. Any one help with info??? Thank you
Old Jul 27th 2018, 2:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back with daughter who is an american citizen

Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to the UK Immigration forum. If you are British other than by decent...your daughter will be British by descent. Your daughter is legally required to use a US passport to leave the US. She will need a UK passport to enter the UK as a UK citizen for residency.

You will need the father’s written permission before you can remove her from the US. This should be in the form of a legally notorised letter. If you cannot obtain it you will need a court order giving you permission.