Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Missing Important Documents for UK Spouse Visa First Extension

Missing Important Documents for UK Spouse Visa First Extension

Old Jul 18th 2020, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Thanis90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing Important Documents for UK Spouse Visa First Extension

Good afternoon

The time has come for myself and my husband to apply for his first UK Spouse Visa extension. However I am not in possession of my passport or our marriage certificate because I myself applied for Foreign Birth Registry in Ireland in March of 2019. It's been over a year now since I applied and I thought that would be plenty of time to get our documents back for his visa application but due to Covid19, the Foreign Births Registry in Ireland has been closed and a post on their website says phone lines are closed since all staff have been redeployed during the public health emergency...

My worry is that if I can't get our documents back before we need to apply for his visa extension, how will this affect his application?

Kind regards

Catherine
Old Jul 18th 2020, 5:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Missing Important Documents for UK Spouse Visa First Extension

Originally Posted by Thanis90
Good afternoon

The time has come for myself and my husband to apply for his first UK Spouse Visa extension. However I am not in possession of my passport or our marriage certificate because I myself applied for Foreign Birth Registry in Ireland in March of 2019. It's been over a year now since I applied and I thought that would be plenty of time to get our documents back for his visa application but due to Covid19, the Foreign Births Registry in Ireland has been closed and a post on their website says phone lines are closed since all staff have been redeployed during the public health emergency...

My worry is that if I can't get our documents back before we need to apply for his visa extension, how will this affect his application?

Kind regards

Catherine

As far as I can remember the sponsor (you) has to show the bio page of their passport and the application itself calls for proof of the marriage certificate.

So, its going to affect the application greatly. (Surely you kept copies of the original documents?)
Old Jul 18th 2020, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
As far as I can remember the sponsor (you) has to show the bio page of their passport and the application itself calls for proof of the marriage certificate.

So, its going to affect the application greatly. (Surely you kept copies of the original documents?)
We have photocopies but I wouldn't have thought they'd accept them?
Old Jul 18th 2020, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Everything is uploaded these days.....I wonder how they can tell you have scanned in the original document as opposed to a good copy.
Old Jul 18th 2020, 6:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Everything is uploaded these days.....I wonder how they can tell you have scanned in the original document as opposed to a good copy.
Alright. Thanks. I thought I had to send the originals by post. Appreciate your reply.