Messy situation and desperate to come back to UK

Old Feb 2nd 2016, 1:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Messy situation and desperate to come back to UK

Originally Posted by Chapponick
Even if i had a job offer in the UK for over 25,000GBP. We don't plan on moving to the Uk until i am fit and able to work. In the meantime i get $2500k a month from insurance and $1500 a month to top up my earnings that i was previously on by doing estimating and consulting.
The appendix FM is frustrating as it doesn't make that clear.
If in the past 12 months you have earned the equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum AND you have a job offer starting within 3 months of your return to the UK, again earning 18,600 GBP per annum, then you could apply for a spouse visa.

Alternatively, if no job offer, then you return to UK, find job earning 18,600GBP per annum, and after 6 months apply for the visa.

(with either of these options you can use savings/investment to make up shortfall)

OR

you have savings of 62,500 GBP

Those are your options.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Chapponick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If in the past 12 months you have earned the equivalent of 18,600 GBP per annum AND you have a job offer starting within 3 months of your return to the UK, again earning 18,600 GBP per annum, then you could apply for a spouse visa.

Alternatively, if no job offer, then you return to UK, find job earning 18,600GBP per annum, and after 6 months apply for the visa.

(with either of these options you can use savings/investment to make up shortfall)

OR

you have savings of 62,500 GBP

Those are your options.
With my insurance and wage I am well clear of the finances and yes i have a job offer waiting for me that would start within a week or so of me getting there.
although i only have enough from my work financially for the past 6 months, so i need to wait another 6 months?

thanks for all your time by the way
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Chapponick is an unknown quantity at this point

and I'm the easiest route for my unborn would be to get them a british passport from canada, is that right?

Last edited by Chapponick; Feb 2nd 2016 at 1:36 am.
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

and I'm the easiest route for my unborn would be to get them a british passport from canada, is that right?
Yes
Old Feb 2nd 2016, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

With my insurance and wage I am well clear of the finances and yes i have a job offer waiting for me that would start within a week or so of me getting there.
although i only have enough from my work financially for the past 6 months, so i need to wait another 6 months?

thanks for all your time by the way
You apply for the visa when you can show you can or have fulfilled the financial requirements and not before.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ldollard
4) The last plan and one that will keep you guys together is the Surinder Singh route.

This means you can go to another EU country, say like Rep. of Ireland, you and your family can move there TODAY, shes Canadian so does not need a visa to enter the country. You can find a job without any restrictions, as your kids are British they can be enrolled in school immediately and you can a job right away. Your wife can apply for a residence card as soon as you start working. Realistically after 6 months you can move to the UK with zero restrictions.
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/surinder-singh
Except it seems the EU has just accepted the UK's "centre of life" rules, which could lead to further restrictions. Plus it seems like the EU may have offered other changes to those trying to bring a non-EU citizen to the UK under treaty rights: and changes to those with previous convictions who use free movement to be in the UK. Not sure exactly what they are yet. Keep reading.

Last edited by formula; Feb 3rd 2016 at 8:39 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2016, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

if i were to come back to the UK and start employment i would need to work for 6 months before applying right? Can my wife come for those six months and obviously not work?
She wouldn't be allowed to use the NHS for free as a visitor. This means that if she gives birth in the UK while she was a visitor, you would need to pay the NHS for the birth.