British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/merged-spouse-visa-issues-sheffield-spouse-visa-chat-thread-899315/)

j4v3d Oct 16th 2017 11:16 am

Re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by simonnz (Post 12361858)
OMG I have a decision but won't find out until tomorrow, feeling scared it be a no

Good luck to you! :fingerscrossed:

I'm sure it'll be an approval.

press1977 Oct 16th 2017 11:26 am

[QUOTE=JAsh;12361953]

Originally Posted by press1977 (Post 12361948)

Hi,

I'm so sorry but I don't knowif they've given a decision or not.

That's a bit messed up really, coz that bit was attached at the end of the email they sent as a reply to my husband's inquiry regarding my application. The email was just informing us that my application was moving forward and being looked at.

We didn't fill the survey up. Have you tried?

Hi
No I didn't fill that survey because its only for people who are received the decision last 3 months. Only those people can fill that survey. Firstly I thought HO made a decision and send that survey email. So when did you do the Biometrics and from which country you applied visa? When did you receive the survey email? I got it that survey email last Friday. Have you contacted HO after that survey email? What did they say? Hope we all get visa soon. Good luck.

MA17 Oct 16th 2017 11:36 am

Hey guys where is the thread of 90+ applicants. Lost the truck and also i see no movzmznt on April applications.

MA17 Oct 16th 2017 11:38 am

[QUOTE=JAsh;12361953]

Originally Posted by press1977 (Post 12361948)

Hi,

I'm so sorry but I don't knowif they've given a decision or not.

That's a bit messed up really, coz that bit was attached at the end of the email they sent as a reply to my husband's inquiry regarding my application. The email was just informing us that my application was moving forward and being looked at.

We didn't fill the survey up. Have you tried?

When have you receivef this survey email please? Have you sent a query email first?

mystikal2k2a Oct 16th 2017 11:40 am

Originally Posted by MA17 (Post 12361989)
Hey guys where is the thread of 90+ applicants. Lost the truck and also i see no movzmznt on April applications.

Hi

We are an April application to and have gone past 120 days since Friday last week.

We received the 31 October email so we are hopeful still.

If we go past the 31st of October then something coordinated needs to happen and we can use 90+ day thread to think of some type of action

press1977 Oct 16th 2017 11:41 am

[QUOTE=MA17;12361990]

Originally Posted by JAsh (Post 12361953)

When have you receivef this survey email please? Have you sent a query email first?

Hi
I just got that email last Friday. I didn't send any email to HO. They just send me that email. I'm still waiting for reply from HO regarding my application.

MA17 Oct 16th 2017 11:44 am

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a (Post 12361992)
Hi

We are an April application to and have gone past 120 days since Friday last week.

We received the 31 October email so we are hopeful still.

If we go past the 31st of October then something coordinated needs to happen and we can use 90+ day thread to think of some type of action

Same here typing with tears pass 120 days on Friday received 31st Oct email. Im thinking to get a solicitor what do you think? My MP still no response

MA17 Oct 16th 2017 11:45 am

[QUOTE=press1977;12361994]

Originally Posted by MA17 (Post 12361990)

Hi
I just got that email last Friday. I didn't send any email to HO. They just send me that email. I'm still waiting for reply from HO regarding my application.

Lapsing with time and department i think you have a decision made. Try to call and ask the useless call centre for status if it is updated.

Traceben Oct 16th 2017 11:48 am

Originally Posted by MA17 (Post 12361996)
Same here typing with tears pass 120 days on Friday received 31st Oct email. Im thinking to get a solicitor what do you think? My MP still no response

We are 111 days not counting bank holidays uk and Ireland since may 11th
Really frustrated now. Missed honeymoon as they still have my husbands passport on priority too

j4v3d Oct 16th 2017 11:54 am

Not much a solicitor can do other than ring up and make an enquiry from the useless HO. Keep persisting with the MP. Go and see the MP in person.

Walker87 Oct 16th 2017 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by j4v3d (Post 12362012)
Not much a solicitor can do other than ring up and make an enquiry from the useless HO. Keep persisting with the MP. Go and see the MP in person.

I dit see Mp last 4 weeks before. and she sent to later to the HO,but still not get replying for the later. But I dit see my Mp last Friday as well she told me she going to call the HO today and asking for update
Still she talking me they don't here anything,,,,, it is unbelievable think HO doing

mystikal2k2a Oct 16th 2017 12:11 pm

I'm sorry for you

I have a solicitor from the start. He sent our supporting documents off to the UKVI.

My MP has actually been useful he managed to get to the bottom of our missing supporting documents that UKVI had all along.

A solicitor cannot do anything.

The rules are really designed in the favour of the Home Office.

The best approach is to use your MP to keep in regular contact with UKVI and apply gentle pressure to focus on your application.

If your local MP isn't doing enough for you, then why not use another MP in your township?

There is nothing stopping you from highlighting your case to an MP and see what they can do?

For them it's another secured vote in the future if they get you a result

mystikal2k2a Oct 16th 2017 12:13 pm

May I ask if anybody that is 90 days + waiting that their UK sponsor is self employed?

Am141 Oct 16th 2017 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by mystikal2k2a (Post 12362030)
May I ask if anybody that is 90 days + waiting that their UK sponsor is self employed?

I’ll be 90 days in 2 days. My sponsor is self employed.

MA17 Oct 16th 2017 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by j4v3d (Post 12362012)

Case worker in MP office said no response from HO nothing we can do