Marrying a Mexican citizen want to return to UK

Old May 11th 2013, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Neil2012 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marrying a Mexican citizen want to return to UK

Hi all
Here's probably a long winded question that's been asked many times before. But I need help and clarity.
I am about to marry my love of my life and partner for nearly 2 years. She's Mexican I'm British.
We are planning to marry in October 2013. With the intention to move back to uk where I work and live. We live apart for months at a time hence I'm desperate to gain info on the process and requirements I must have once we are married in Mexico. What I need to verify the marriage to go back to UK.
I'm trying not to go on and on. So please anyone I would appreciate the vast wealth of knowledge here please.
Thanks to anyone who helps us.
Old May 11th 2013, 5:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying a Mexican citizen want to return to UK

Originally Posted by Neil2012
Hi all
Here's probably a long winded question that's been asked many times before. But I need help and clarity.
I am about to marry my love of my life and partner for nearly 2 years. She's Mexican I'm British.
We are planning to marry in October 2013. With the intention to move back to uk where I work and live. We live apart for months at a time hence I'm desperate to gain info on the process and requirements I must have once we are married in Mexico. What I need to verify the marriage to go back to UK.
I'm trying not to go on and on. So please anyone I would appreciate the vast wealth of knowledge here please.
Thanks to anyone who helps us.
Welcome to BE

I'll move this to the visa section of our UK forum - lots of info there on how to get a visa for your wife, and lots of experts to help you out
Old May 11th 2013, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Presuming you are marrying in Mexico, you will then need to apply for spouse visa for your wife for here to enter and live in the UK. Start here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...izens-settled/

YOU the British citizen need to show that you can support your wife either by income (18,600 per annum minimum) or savings/investments.

Read here as to the financial requirements and how they can be met:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...df?view=Binary
Old May 14th 2013, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your kind replies.
However I guess I made people misunderstand me..
What I was asking was the procedure for AFTER we are married in October this year.
I am aware of what I have to do for my wife to be has to do for entry into UK, But I am unsure if there is a procedure in Mexico to verify our marriage while in Mexico.
I was reading but need clarity that I cannot just take the wedding certificate from Mexico to UK I have to go to the British embassy in DF to verify the marriage for the UK immigration officers? is this correct? or is there another process I must be aware of.
Anymore advice or answers please!
Thanks very much.
Old May 14th 2013, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

See if they can issue you with an international marriage certificate (which is in multiple languages including english). We got 3 or 4 of them along wiht our original German certificate and they have always been accepted without question by the UKBA and any other countries where we applied for Visas
Old May 16th 2013, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
See if they can issue you with an international marriage certificate (which is in multiple languages including english). We got 3 or 4 of them along wiht our original German certificate and they have always been accepted without question by the UKBA and any other countries where we applied for Visas
Thanks for the advice... But how or where can I apply for an International marriage certificate? on the day? or before the ceremony?.
Thank you for the help.
Old May 16th 2013, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

To marry a Mexican citizen, in Mexico, you will need the permission of the INM (Federal Dept. of Immigration), blood tests (in some states) and a valid visa - but you probably know this.

When I went through the process in 2000, I had to go to the local UK Registry Office to file a "Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage under the Marriage With Foreigners Act 1906". This paper essentially stated that an overseas marriage would be recognized in the UK and had to be presented to the British Embassy for wifey to get her Spousal Entry visa (along with a bunch of other evidence that the marriage was 'real')
Old May 16th 2013, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Neil2012
...I was reading but need clarity that I cannot just take the wedding certificate from Mexico to UK...
Thinking about this...if the certificate was translated, apostilled and notarized it would be difficult for UK authorities to reject it as prima facie evidence of a legal marriage.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 1:31 am
Just Joined

BennyBoy79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am getting married to my fiance in March 2014 and about a month ago we went to the judge for info about what i had to do as im British and she is Mexican and we was told that I did not need permission to get married, also did not need a medical. Could be different in each state. I am needing to get my wedding cert sent somewhere to get stamped and at the same office that the judge is at they are going to translate it and get it notarized for me to send to the UK embassy in Mexico City. Once that is done then i will be doing the daunting task of getting my FM3, just so i can open a bank account and get a house.