Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Major Earthquake in Pakistan - will this affect/delay decision?

Major Earthquake in Pakistan - will this affect/delay decision?

Old Sep 26th 2019, 10:56 am
Just Joined

AS4LYF is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Major Earthquake in Pakistan - will this affect/delay decision?

Hi

as some of you are already probably aware there was a major earthquake in the City of Mirpur, Pakistan this week on Tuesday 24th September, it had a scale of 5.9/6.0

I am wondering will this affect or delay the visa process for the applicants that are waiting for a decision and/or waiting to collect their passports.

any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am waiting for the Mirpur centre as well.

Thank You
Old Sep 26th 2019, 1:37 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Major Earthquake in Pakistan - will this affect/delay decision?

Originally Posted by AS4LYF
Hi

as some of you are already probably aware there was a major earthquake in the City of Mirpur, Pakistan this week on Tuesday 24th September, it had a scale of 5.9/6.0

I am wondering will this affect or delay the visa process for the applicants that are waiting for a decision and/or waiting to collect their passports.

any advice will be greatly appreciated as I am waiting for the Mirpur centre as well.

Thank You
If the processing was taking place there I would guess that there would be some delay as there are many reports of serious damage to buildings, and over 700 injured.
However it is also quite likely that Business Continuity Plans are in place for such events, and thus the applications may simply be moved elsewhere for processing.
Old Sep 26th 2019, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

AS4LYF is an unknown quantity at this point

okay thank you, I will wait it out until the 60 working days before chasing it up further.

or would you recommend/advise that I find out earlier than that by calling or emailing them? that way I can at least know if they have moved it elsewhere for processing.

appreciate your feedback. Thank You
Old Sep 26th 2019, 5:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AS4LYF
okay thank you, I will wait it out until the 60 working days before chasing it up further.

or would you recommend/advise that I find out earlier than that by calling or emailing them? that way I can at least know if they have moved it elsewhere for processing.

appreciate your feedback. Thank You
Does it really matter if it is processing elsewhere?
To be honest, although I appreciate that to you its the biggest thing in your world at present, trying to contact a government department about the matter, in a disaster hit city, is not a route I would be taking. Communications will be poor, if they exist at all for non-emergency matters, and the buildings may not be accessible or even still standing. I work in Disaster Management (in Australia) and I can assure you that responding to someone about the processing of one visa application will not be a high priority at present. I suggest that however hard it is, you need to be patient for a while.