Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Maintenance Requirement For Spouse Visa Entry Clearance Application

Maintenance Requirement For Spouse Visa Entry Clearance Application

Old Dec 7th 2018, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

smj_zahid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Maintenance Requirement For Spouse Visa Entry Clearance Application

Hi Friends

Note: This is an Entry Clearance Application from India as SPOUSE and DEFENDANT CHILD of settled British Person, They have never been to the UK before

All my previous jobs and including the one I am due to start I successfully meet the minimum income criteria for eg: 18,600 for spouse and 3,800 for 1 Child (This is not an issue)

I am a British national holding British Passport working here in the UK. I am planning to apply for my wife and 1 two year old daughter's dependent visa on the 17th Dec 2018. I meet all the requirement for eg: income etc.

I have a got a new job which I am due to start from the 28th Jan 2019. Therefore, My question is can I make an application for my family visa on 17th Dec 2018 (Considering the fact that my employment is not ongoing on that date when I apply from India)

For your info below is my tenure for my employment in the UK to date

Employer 1 June 2009 - April 2018 (9 Years)

Employer 2 June 2018 - 6th Dec 2018 (5 and half months)

Employer 3 28th Jan 2019 (Due to Start)

From above tenure of my work history Can I make an application on the 17th Dec 2018. I look forward to your reply.

Many Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2018, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Maintenance Requirement For Spouse Visa Entry Clearance Application

No, you can't include the 3rd job.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

I understand I cant include the third job but can I make an application on 17th Dec by providing all Payslips and Bank Statement from my previous 2 employers.

I can still include the contract of employment from my Potential employer in the application. I mean does that keeps me eligible to apply or not

Please reply.

Thanks
Old Dec 7th 2018, 7:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes of course you can make an application on 17th December based on your other two jobs.

Personally, I don't see any benefit of including documentation from a job you are not already working in.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 8:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yes of course you can make an application on 17th December based on your other two jobs.

Personally, I don't see any benefit of including documentation from a job you are not already working in.
Yep, never muddy the waters if you don’t have to.
Old Dec 8th 2018, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Hi

My main concern being on the date of application (17th December 2018) I am not in salaried employment , ie I have resigned from my previous job and my last date of work was the 6th December 2018. However, I will get paid for my Holidays (Not Taken in the calendar year, this is 11 days plus I worked for 6 days in the month of December)

I usually get paid on the 24th working day of each month which means my employer will send my TAX Returns to the HMRC on the 24th December 2018,
so what do you guys advice me to do,

Please also note after 24th Dec 2018 I will get my first salary from my new job on the 25th Feb 2019, (during this time my application would be in process as it takes 90 days for family visas in India).
So I am assuming when my case is being processed by the Entry Clearance Officer there wouldn't be any tax returns or NI paid to the HMRC (incase they cross verify with them).

What should I do considering my above circumstance.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Old Dec 8th 2018, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by smj_zahid
Hi

My main concern being on the date of application (17th December 2018) I am not in salaried employment , ie I have resigned from my previous job and my last date of work was the 6th December 2018. However, I will get paid for my Holidays (Not Taken in the calendar year, this is 11 days plus I worked for 6 days in the month of December)

I usually get paid on the 24th working day of each month which means my employer will send my TAX Returns to the HMRC on the 24th December 2018,
so what do you guys advice me to do,

Please also note after 24th Dec 2018 I will get my first salary from my new job on the 25th Feb 2019, (during this time my application would be in process as it takes 90 days for family visas in India).
So I am assuming when my case is being processed by the Entry Clearance Officer there wouldn't be any tax returns or NI paid to the HMRC (incase they cross verify with them).

What should I do considering my above circumstance.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
You did not mention in your previous posts that you had actually resigned from job 2 on the 6th December! I assumed you were still in that job, as your new job is not starting until 28 January.
Why on earth would you resign from your job 6th December, when you are not starting the new job until 28th January, AND you want to apply 17th December?
Could not be worse planning.
The risk now is that the ECO checks up on the information you give for job 2, only to be told you are no longer with the company.!

Personally, I would not apply until I had started job 3, and under Cat B