Looking for advice regarding spouse visa

Old Feb 12th 2022, 11:08 pm
Just Joined

joreasonable is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for advice regarding spouse visa

Hi,
I am a British Citizen, married to an Ecuadorian Citizen, married and living in Ecuador for 15 years. Looking to relocate to UK. and I have a few questions before returning.
Do we need to register the marriage at the British Embassy?
I am looking to return to the UK before him to work and use this income for the financial requirements, then apply from the UK.
-Is this one of the ways to go?
-Do I apply for him from the UK? Or does he apply from Ecuador? Which is the best route, seeing I will be the person with the income. I understand the costs are different depending on where you apply from.
-Lets say we have enough savings, where do these savings need to be, Can they be in Ecuador or do they need to be in UK for the required 6 months.
-Is it worth paying an immigration lawyer? It this route quicker? If so, any recomendations?
I appreciate all your time and looking forward to reading your replies. Have a good day.

Old Feb 13th 2022, 12:05 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for advice regarding spouse visa

- There’s no requirement to register your marriage with the FCDO; this service was terminated several years ago so it’s no longer an option even if you wanted to do so.

- Yes, you can return to the UK alone, complete six months of work and then sponsor your husband for a spouse visa.

- He’s the applicant; you’re the sponsor. He will need to apply from Ecuador; he cannot apply from the UK unless he is already a resident.

- If you have sufficient cash savings then they can be held in any recognised financial institution in any country. They do not need to be held in a UK account.

- Some applicants prefer to pay a professional to advise on the application but it doesn’t speed up the process.
Old Feb 13th 2022, 12:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
- There’s no requirement to register your marriage with the FCDO; this service was terminated several years ago so it’s no longer an option even if you wanted to do so.

- Yes, you can return to the UK alone, complete six months of work and then sponsor your husband for a spouse visa.

- He’s the applicant; you’re the sponsor. He will need to apply from Ecuador; he cannot apply from the UK unless he is already a resident.

- If you have sufficient cash savings then they can be held in any recognised financial institution in any country. They do not need to be held in a UK account.

- Some applicants prefer to pay a professional to advise on the application but it doesn’t speed up the process.

Thank you so much for this information, It is much appreciated.
Jo
Old Feb 13th 2022, 2:31 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The usual advice is that if (one of) you can read English and complete what are realistically, fairly basic forms asking for personal information, and the imigrating person has no complications, such as a criminal record or drug addiction, then there is no need or benefit to using a lawyer to prepare your application.
Old Feb 13th 2022, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The usual advice is that if (one of) you can read English and complete what are realistically, fairly basic forms asking for personal information, and the imigrating person has no complications, such as a criminal record or drug addiction, then there is no need or benefit to using a lawyer to prepare your application.

Thank you, Yes english is fine, written and spoken, and with no criminal past. I appreciate the advice.

Last edited by joreasonable; Feb 13th 2022 at 1:46 pm.