Issuing Office

Old Mar 9th 2017, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

stuexeter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Issuing Office

We have applied for my wife's Settlement visa, paid and booked the biometric apt. Everything we've read states that a Settlement application should be sent to Sheffield, however on the printed copy of the application it is saying that the Issuing Office is British Consulate General New York - New York.

Has anyone else had this happen? I'm assuming we should still send to Sheffield. My wife emailed the UK Visas and Immigration International Enquiry Service, however their response was less than helpful.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Issuing Office

Settlement visa documentation goes to Sheffield:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa
Old Mar 9th 2017, 11:44 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Settlement visa documentation goes to Sheffield:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa
Whilst I know that is what the website says, any idea why it would say on the completed application form that the issuing office is New York? A relic of how things were previously handled? I have noticed plenty of inconsistencies with the information given on various parts of the visa websites.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuexeter
Whilst I know that is what the website says, any idea why it would say on the completed application form that the issuing office is New York? A relic of how things were previously handled? I have noticed plenty of inconsistencies with the information given on various parts of the visa websites.
Which application form is this?
Old Mar 10th 2017, 12:08 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Which application form is this?
Settlement visa, after it was applied for an printed off.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have not seen a printed off version of the settlement visa (VAF4A form) so, sorry, cannot help further.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen this question asked on other forums. It seems that the form has not been amended as all settlement applications from the US are processed in Sheffield. Is there any way you can call the NY office to confirm?