Injusticed and confused

Old Oct 6th 2015, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

goins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to allgoins is a name known to all
Default Re: Injusticed and confused

Everyone of the mods has been like this since i joined here ........ Very Helpfull

Last edited by goins; Oct 6th 2015 at 11:53 am.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Historicalinjustice is an unknown quantity at this point

I have ordered dads death certificate.Spoke to passport office .was told just write a request for info along with my full licence and dad's death certificate and they will do an information trace.So if I can prove that after the independance in 1979 Dad became british and held a british passport,would my problems be solved?
Old Oct 7th 2015, 4:36 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Indeed they are. Huge BiP fan here
Me too.

He is the very essence of what BE is all about and I loves him for it

I cannot help at all historicalinjustice. I just wanted to wish you all the very best with this & please do let us all know how you get on.

There will be a lot of us quietly watching and hoping to read good news.
Old Oct 7th 2015, 6:59 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Historicalinjustice
I have ordered dads death certificate.Spoke to passport office .was told just write a request for info along with my full licence and dad's death certificate and they will do an information trace.So if I can prove that after the independance in 1979 Dad became british and held a british passport,would my problems be solved?
It really depends on what information they hold for your father. But I think this will give you your best shot of knowing either way whether you are a British citizen.
Old Oct 8th 2015, 1:15 am
BE Enthusiast

FlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDutchman6666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Historicalinjustice
he lost that (CUKC) passport on a visit to st.lucia and got a st.lucian one to return
Originally Posted by BritInParis
When Saint Vincent and Saint Lucia became independent countries in 1979 all those who were born Citizens of the United Kingdom and Colonies through their connection to those colonies and who gained the citizenship of the new independent country would automatically lose their CUKC status.
On a purely theoretical note... could the two statements above be somehow related? How would the St. Lucian and British authorities have dealth with the (numerous) newly-minted St. Lucian subjects resident in the UK, who automatically lost CUKC citizenship?

(Historicalinjustice: nothing to do with you, just picking BritInParis's brain on the effects of de-colonisation on British citizenship law)
Old Oct 9th 2015, 6:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman6666
On a purely theoretical note... could the two statements above be somehow related? How would the St. Lucian and British authorities have dealth with the (numerous) newly-minted St. Lucian subjects resident in the UK, who automatically lost CUKC citizenship?

(Historicalinjustice: nothing to do with you, just picking BritInParis's brain on the effects of de-colonisation on British citizenship law)
Potentially that might have been the case. However UK immigration allowed the OP's father to re-enter the UK on his St Lucian passport and then remain in the UK presumably until his death. Likewise it sounds like the OP has also been living in the UK for 35 years without a problem until now.

There's probably little practically that the UK authorities could have done to find and deport those who ceased to be a CUKC on independence of their colony. Illegal immigration wasn't the hot political potato it has become. Many would have become eligible for naturalisation depending on their length of stay in the UK.

Either both had been here illegally since independence or it's a case of missing paperwork. Hopefully the information trace from HMPO will give us an answer.

Last edited by BritInParis; Oct 9th 2015 at 6:18 pm.