Immigration Lawyer

Old Oct 26th 2016, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

emma4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Lawyer

Hi All,

Anyone recommend an immigration lawyer who know about applying for a visa for my partner so we can move back home to the UK from the USA.
I know the forms and have read the financial blurb but have a lot of questions and want to get it right. I have reached out to a couple of lawyers here in the US but they said to find someone in the UK.
Thanks!
Old Oct 26th 2016, 10:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Lawyer

Unless your spouse has complicating factors such as a criminal record, or prior visa issues, a lawyer is likely a waste of money, and quite a lot of money at that.

Might I recommend that you start out asking questions here as there are some very knowledgeable people who will help you with most questions, and for free! If you still need more help you could always go to a lawyer later.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Thank you, I have asked a few questions already but don't want to keep bugging people with questions, although I feel like they are valid questions and not stupid ones
I don't know if i should repost a new thread each time or just keep asking on the same thread.
It's all about the financial requirements for me to sponsor him and being on maternity leave for 2 months. I have read the 64 page guide an honestly I am still flipping confused.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 11:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emma4
Thank you, I have asked a few questions already but don't want to keep bugging people with questions, although I feel like they are valid questions and not stupid ones
I don't know if i should repost a new thread each time or just keep asking on the same thread.
It's all about the financial requirements for me to sponsor him and being on maternity leave for 2 months. I have read the 64 page guide an honestly I am still flipping confused.
No question is stupid, we all struggle with the migration maze at times

If you ask several questions in the same thread it makes life easier really as you don't have to keep repeating bots about your circumstances - people answering you can see it all in one place.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 11:27 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma. At the end of your other thread SanDiegogirl asked a couple of questions, if you go back and answer those I think it'll help you more than starting a new one.

It's always best to stick with the same thread, as people can read the background and target their replies more usefully for you. Only start a new thread if you have a completely different question. Good luck, I know the rules can be confusing but there's a lot of expertise on BE.
Old Oct 26th 2016, 11:28 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
No question is stupid, we all struggle with the migration maze at times

If you ask several questions in the same thread it makes life easier really as you don't have to keep repeating bots about your circumstances - people answering you can see it all in one place.
We must have been separated at birth, Polly
Old Oct 27th 2016, 8:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all, I appreciate the friendly help
Old Oct 27th 2016, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

I have gone back to my original post and replied
Old Oct 28th 2016, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Anyone recommend an immigration lawyer who know about applying for a visa for my partner so we can move back home to the UK from the USA.
I know the forms and have read the financial blurb but have a lot of questions and want to get it right. I have reached out to a couple of lawyers here in the US but they said to find someone in the UK.
Thanks!
Posting here, as its relevant to your request, though I note you have gone back to other thread and the forum members will help with your queries.

In the UK you can consult an OISC (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner) registered immigration advisor to assist with an application. There are three different levels of competence/regulation, 1,2,3. 3 being the highest. https://www.gov.uk/find-an-immigrati...for-an-adviser
Here are a few that I know of, if you want to compare fees and services. https://www.1stcontact.com/visas;
www.philipgamble.co.uk ;
OISC ✓ UK Visa & Immigration Service & Advice in London
Some will provide a checking service before you submit your application, after your prepare it yourself, which is cheaper of course, and with the advice on the forum is an option.