Immigration Health Surcharge and mortgage things

Old Apr 17th 2015, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

Girlfrommars999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration Health Surcharge and mortgage things

Hi everyone,
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster!

My husband and I have just been through the rather painful and expensive process of getting him a spouse visa (he's American) and are basking in the relief of 2.5 years before the next round.

We used the premium service in Liverpool, we were there for about three hours in total and everything was really straightforward (thank goodness).

We got in just before the IHS came in but does that mean my husband can use the NHS for free or does he need comprehensive sickness insurance? We've had no clear information from anyone - any help would be appreciated.

Also (just while I'm on!) does anyone know if my husband can now be named on a mortgage application with me? I'm presuming that because he'll have a national insurance number he can but I can already predict the nightmare - any thoughts or experience would be really useful.

Thanks all

C
Old Apr 17th 2015, 4:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration Health Surcharge and mortgage things

Yes he is eligible to use the NHS.

If the mortgage company is willing to put him on the mortgage that's fine.