Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Immigration health surcharge(ihs) refunded without making decision

Immigration health surcharge(ihs) refunded without making decision

Old Jan 1st 2019, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Subashrag is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Immigration health surcharge(ihs) refunded without making decision

Hiya,
I would like to have an understanding on the ihs refund process! My documents were returned to me last Friday and we called ukba right after that to know decision on application but we were told it is still pending! Sunday we received a refund of 600 pounds in my wife’s account. I am baffled whether it constitutes a refusal of application or not? It surely wouldn’t be that prompt to refuse application right after we spoke to someone over the phone and getting refund on Sunday! Plus we spoke to someone over the phone at ukba and they were oblivious to the refund and on their system it still says decision pending. Any suggestions please!!
Old Jan 1st 2019, 11:13 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Immigration health surcharge(ihs) refunded without making decision

Which visa did you apply for and for whom?
Old Jan 1st 2019, 11:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Which visa did you apply for and for whom?
I applied for spouse visa and it was for me!It has already been more than three months and as we spoke to ukba they still haven’t made a decision!
Old Jan 2nd 2019, 12:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a good idea to call them again and ask.
Old Jan 2nd 2019, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Probably a good idea to call them again and ask.
well today I received my passport and I have been refused under paragraph that I do not meet an English requirement. I have supplied them with the document and letter from association of chartered certified accountants that my membership is actually equivalent to masters degree taught in England and Wales which they completely ignored and stated that there was no evidence of such. What should I do now, appeal would take forever and I have seen complaints had worked for many people. I strongly believe that they have ignored one of the letter which is most important for my English requirement validity. The certificate is awarded by royal charter, privy council and ministry of education also confirms that along with uk NARIC for its equivalency.