ILR and spending 6months out of UK

Old Aug 11th 2012, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default ILR and spending 6months out of UK

Hi I have been searching the Border Agency website for ages trying to find out this information. Before I get my hopes up too much, if I had ILR (I had it before) would I be able to spend 6 months in UK and 6 months in Cape Town? This has been our retirement plan for a long time. I have just seen that in order to be naturalised you have to stay basically continuously now for 5 years not the old two years. If I don't naturalise and stay on ILR indefinitely would I still be able to do this. My OH who is BC wants to do this when we retire due to health reasons. Anybody out there have the information or who are in a similar position?
Old Aug 11th 2012, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILR and spending 6months out of UK

Having done some more research, it seems that the time out of the UK is about 3 months allowable so that is ok too, we just will go for a couple of months initially and then get a bigger nicer house and live the rest of our days hopefully in the UK - when we discussed this and said to each other if we had one country to choose from which would it be! Then it is back home to England!