Ilr application 5 years spouse route

Old Oct 23rd 2023, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Ram G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ilr application 5 years spouse route

Hi all. 👋
Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
I have no clue what information they want here. I ticked no. I have to give reason. Can anyone help with this please.
Old Oct 23rd 2023, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ilr application 5 years spouse route

Here what my wife gave as a reply (with some extra information for you for completeness) in her successful ILR application in April 2021.

My wife replied "no" - as you did - to the question about social groups, and gave the following reason:

"As mentioned above, my centre of interests is now in the UK and so I do not have any significant ties to China, either socially or culturally. I should re-emphasise that there are no reasons that would prevent me integrating into China and that the situation that I have described is entirely my own decision."

Her reference to "as mentioned above" is to her answer to the previous question regarding any friends that she still had in her country of birth, where she replied no, and gave this reason:

"Since moving to the UK, my life has been focused on new friends and contacts here and as a result I have not maintained contact with friends that I previously had in China. I could establish contact again with old/previous friends, but for the purposes of this question I feel that "no" is the answer that reflects my current lifestyle. I must emphasise that the only reason for this situation is my own preference and there is no other reason that would prevent me from renewing old friendships."
Old Oct 23rd 2023, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Ram G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ilr application 5 years spouse route

Originally Posted by Ram G
Hi all. 👋
Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
I have no clue what information they want here. I ticked no. I have to give reason. Can anyone help with this please.
Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Here what my wife gave as a reply (with some extra information for you for completeness) in her successful ILR application in April 2021.

My wife replied "no" - as you did - to the question about social groups, and gave the following reason:

"As mentioned above, my centre of interests is now in the UK and so I do not have any significant ties to China, either socially or culturally. I should re-emphasise that there are no reasons that would prevent me integrating into China and that the situation that I have described is entirely my own decision."

Her reference to "as mentioned above" is to her answer to the previous question regarding any friends that she still had in her country of birth, where she replied no, and gave this reason:

"Since moving to the UK, my life has been focused on new friends and contacts here and as a result I have not maintained contact with friends that I previously had in China. I could establish contact again with old/previous friends, but for the purposes of this question I feel that "no" is the answer that reflects my current lifestyle. I must emphasise that the only reason for this situation is my own preference and there is no other reason that would prevent me from renewing old friendships."
Thank you DernierVirage
​​