How to get UK citizenship for US born Daughter.

Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Ayrria is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to get UK citizenship for US born Daughter.

My friend's baby is 9 months. My friend is the mother. Since my baby was born in the UK and has a US father I have no idea about her situation and want to help her in finding this out.

She was in the US from 2006-2008 she entered on a waver but overstayed. She came back recently and had no problems coming back in but she had to leave the baby behind because the father's mother will not let her have her baby.

She wants to give her baby a UK passport and citizenship so she can fight to have her over here. The father is agreeing most of the time when they arn't arguing but the grandmother is trying to keep the baby even though she doesn't have legal custody.

The father from what I can understand is unfit he has already lost one child. What are her chances and how would she go about applying for UK citizenship for her child?

Thanks muchly,
~A xoxo
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to get UK citizenship for US born Daughter.

Here's how to get the baby a UK passport in the USA: http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25300

As for the legal custody issues, does she have a lawyer?

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

can she file from the UK? and not yet.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:38 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ayrria
can she file from the UK? and not yet.
I don't know, I didn't read all the instructions in the link, did you?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:39 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

My friend's baby is 9 months. My friend is the mother. Since my baby was born in the UK and has a US father I have no idea about her situation and want to help her in finding this out.

She was in the US from 2006-2008 she entered on a waver but overstayed. She came back recently and had no problems coming back in but she had to leave the baby behind because the father's mother will not let her have her baby.

She wants to give her baby a UK passport and citizenship so she can fight to have her over here. The father is agreeing most of the time when they arn't arguing but the grandmother is trying to keep the baby even though she doesn't have legal custody.

The father from what I can understand is unfit he has already lost one child. What are her chances and how would she go about applying for UK citizenship for her child?

Thanks muchly,
~A xoxo
What happened since you posted the same query last time?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518596

Did your friend not follow the advice that was given at the time?

If so why not...
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

I sent her the link but I have no idea I am just trying to advise her for her current situation as that is all I can do. She had to come back as she wanted to get her visa although she says she wants to get her little girl back so I assumed the kid would need a UK passport. They are brining the baby over to visit her mom sometime in the future, I was wondering if it was illigal for them to then take her back to the USA with out the mothers consent.

She is in England now and not illigally in the US
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't know, I didn't read all the instructions in the link, did you?
So far, it sounds like it can be applied for from the UK, as long as the baby is still in the USA....but I see this on the application form: "The fee for the passport is payable in local currency at the time of application." Will she be able to pay for it in US dollars if she sends it from the UK?

Also, how will she get passport photos of the baby to include with the application? Does she have the required birth certificate and everything she needs to submit with the application?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

they won't give her the birthceritificate and unlikely give her a passport photo either.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:46 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

I sent her the link but I have no idea I am just trying to advise her for her current situation as that is all I can do. She had to come back as she wanted to get her visa although she says she wants to get her little girl back so I assumed the kid would need a UK passport. They are brining the baby over to visit her mom sometime in the future, I was wondering if it was illigal for them to then take her back to the USA with out the mothers consent.

She is in England now and not illigally in the US
I am completely confused as to who is where... and whose mum are you referring to
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:46 pm

They are brining the baby over to visit her mom sometime in the future,
Who is "they"?
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:47 pm

they won't give her the birthceritificate and unlikely give her a passport photo either.
In that case, it doesn't sound like she can apply for the baby's UK passport. She will need those things to send along with the application.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

the grandmother and the grandmothers partner.
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:48 pm
Homebody

Please can you start again at the beginning - I don't think anyone here can follow you.

Where is the mother
Where is the child
Who are the other people involved, where are they, and what is each person's agenda?
What is the ultimate outcome the mother of the child is aiming for
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:56 pm

the father's mother will not let her have her baby.
They won't let her keep the baby, but they don't mind bringing the baby to the UK to visit its mother, that's nice of them.

Sounds like a huge mess to me, your friend REALLLLLLLLLLLLY needs a lawyer rather than an internet forum to help her with this one, sorry. She's got multiple issues....her own attempt at immigration and abandonment, her baby's dual citizenship, her husband and grandmother's custody battle, she really needs very professional help here. Do your friend a favor and instead of asking here, go ask legal professionals and get one hired for your friend, if she can't do it herself.

Rene
Old Apr 7th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

chicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond reputechicagojlo has a reputation beyond repute

Your friend needs a lawyer, and quickly. If she can't afford one then she should find one that will help her for free, the Citizens Advice Bureau will be able to help her find one. The issues of custody and possible child kidnapping are really serious.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.