Help please

Old Jan 30th 2017, 6:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Homesick

To save repetition: http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...please-890780/
Old Jan 30th 2017, 6:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help please

Originally Posted by HKG3
If the children apply for settlement visas, does the father (the non EEA national) also need to apply for an UK spouse visa at the same time?
Excellent point. The answer is, probably.

To quote Paragraph 297 of the Immigration Rules:

297. The requirements to be met by a person seeking indefinite leave to enter the United Kingdom as the child of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled or being admitted for settlement in the United Kingdom are that he:
(i) is seeking leave to enter to accompany or join a parent, parents or a relative in one of the following circumstances:
(a) both parents are present and settled in the United Kingdom; or
(b) both parents are being admitted on the same occasion for settlement; or
(c) one parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom and the other is being admitted on the same occasion for settlement; or
(d) one parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement and the other parent is dead; or
(e) one parent is present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement and has had sole responsibility for the child’s upbringing; or
(f) one parent or a relative is present and settled in the United Kingdom or being admitted on the same occasion for settlement and there are serious and compelling family or other considerations which make exclusion of the child undesirable and suitable arrangements have been made for the child’s care;
A definition of "serious and compelling family or reasons" is given here.

SET7.9 What are ‘Serious and compelling family or other reasons’?
The ECO should consider all the evidence as a whole, deciding each application on its merits:

Are the circumstances surrounding the child exceptional in relation to those of other children living in that same country?
Are there emotional and / or physical factors relating to the sponsoring parent in the UK?
Are there mental and / or physical factors relating to the non-sponsoring parent? Where the physical / mental incapability of the non-sponsoring parent has been established, an entry clearance should normally be granted.
But not considered acceptable as a ‘serious and compelling’ reason under this provision:

that the UK offers a higher standard of living than in the child’s own country.
I would suggest that the father would also need to apply for a settlement visa at the same time as his children to satisfy the Immigration Rules even if he then returns to work overseas.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 7:24 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mariss87
I really need advice.

I hold a British passport which was passed to me from my mother who was born in uk. I was initially in her passport. However I was born in Sierra Leone in 1987.
I grew up in London, moved to Sierra Leone, married there had a child, moved to Lebanon and had a second child.
They are now 6 & 4 and we reside in Beirut,lebanon.
Last year they were refused a visa to uk. I want to move back to uk but I'm unsure of my rights and what visas etc they require. They have never met my family and I was devastated when they were refused 6 month visa. Please advise as I hope to move back this summer. Thanks
I have merged the two threads you have opened. Please do not open duplicate threads as it is confusing to our members. Duplicate threads will be deleted. Thank you.
Old Jan 30th 2017, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I would suggest that the father would also need to apply for a settlement visa at the same time as his children to satisfy the Immigration Rules even if he then returns to work overseas.
The OP needs to note that if she is going down the settlement visa route for the children, with her husband applying for an UK spouse visa at the same time, will mean that she has to satisfy the financial requirement for her husband's visa application (currently employment at £18600 p.a. or £62500 in savings for six months).
Old Jun 19th 2017, 3:53 pm
Just Joined

Mariss87 is an unknown quantity at this point

Update

As a family we have decided not to move back to UK. Instead I decided to apply for a visit visa so they could visit family members and attend a wedding with me. I want them to see my heritage.
Unfortunately they have been refused visit visa and I'm sitting here deciding if I should bother to reapply.
The reasons of refusal are utter rubbish.
Hopefully things will work out and they will get to visit one day.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

Balrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond reputeBalrog has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Marisa.

Can you shed some light on why the visitor visas were refused? If I were you, I would take the advice on this thread to inform myself, but I would hire an immigration lawyer to sort out the paperwork. Visa refusals show up on immigration histories and are not viewed favorably.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Balrog
Hi Marisa.

Can you shed some light on why the visitor visas were refused? If I were you, I would take the advice on this thread to inform myself, but I would hire an immigration lawyer to sort out the paperwork. Visa refusals show up on immigration histories and are not viewed favorably.
The OP was warned against a second visitor visa application and applying again is likely to risk a third. Hiring an immigration adviser won't make any difference unless there a material change in circumstances. Since the family no longer wishes to move to the UK then registering the children as British citizens is the viable option at the moment. This option will be lost once the children turn 18.